300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWII Pics

My grandfather served in WWII. He brought home some B&W pictures from various branches of the military. There are about 200 pics in all in the collection. We are not sure as to the origin of the photos. We believe they were mass produced and made available to the soldiers.

A kid on another message board I go to was studying WWII and I told him I had some pics so I scanned a few to send to him. I thought perhaps some folks here might be interested as well.

*Warning - this link contains photos of dead soldiers and holocaust victims. If you are bothered by images such as these, do not click on the link*
    http://www.crosswinds.net/~raychelr/toc.html
    Eventually I plan on scanning all the pics and actually making a site out of it so that people can view them.

Enjoy

They are quite remarkable.

Comment

I don't know what to say.

Comment

Thanks for posting those Raychel. We owe so very much to the WWII generation. They are dying off fast I am afraid. I hope we learn the lessons of the past. The one I think of is the old Roman Generals maxim, if you want peace you must prepare for war. Or something like that.

Comment

My Father is now 80. I always wondered why Dad didn't finish high school. It was because, like all other able bodied young man, he joined the service.
          I saw him a few weeks ago and he got tears in his eyes as he showed me the high school diploma they sent him. He was very touched. His not having a diploma seriously affected his life. He supported his family by cleaning out furnaces at a VA hospital. His life was hard but he provided.
          I am very proud of my Dad.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5026 users online. 338 members and 4688 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X