300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid, really stupid, people

Just saw this on the local news: A man in, think it was Carmel, went to the local P.D. with a bottle of white powder he had had in his fridge for SEVERAL MONTHS, which he feared was possibly a toxic substance in light of the anthrax scare. Of course, the sky fell and the haz mat team, etc. responded and everyone went into panic mode.

Right, the Al Quaidans really went to Carmel and put anthrax in this rube's fridge months before the attacks.

Let's hope to God this idiot won't breed.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Well, maybe the Taliban views golf courses as the work of the devil...
    Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Makes sense to me...

They wanted Clint Eastwood OUT OF DA' PICTURE!!!
      People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

And I thought that the only Anthrax-scared idiots lived around here.....

Comment

Little kid is eating Sweat Tarts, drops one on the sidewalk in front of a post office. Several people step on the Sweat Tart, crushing it into a yellow powder and tracking it into post office. Someone notices a " suspicious " yellow powder. People panic and go into anxiety attack, one nearly having to be sent to ER because they are so worked up they forget to breathe.

Police come out, look at the stuff, say to selves, " Gee that looks like a crushed Sweat Tart to me. " Then glove up, triple bag the Sweat Tart up and put it into property to rot for the next 20 years.

Total cost, One Fire Engine, One Rescue Unit, One Fire Assistant Chief, two patrol officers, one police sergeant, one police lieutenant- probably about $2500 to $5000 for 15 minutes work. Memories- priceless.

Kind of sounds like a credit card ad.
          RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

I got a good one for all of you. The Police Chief Richard Pellington for the City of New Orleans actually went on live TV on all three local stations. He asked not to call the police since it costs to much money to send the Haz-Mat team out unless you know it's the real thing. Something sound wrong here to you or is it just me? I think he might have sniffed something that wasn't anthrax. You should be able to read about it at nola.com the local paper The Times Picayunne website because he made more news than a false call with that statement. What a City.
            Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Woman finds a mysterious white powder on her front porch. Our Fire Dept. HazMat Team suits up, collects some of the powder, triple-bags it, & then they wash down her porch with bleach. The whole time knowing a house is being built across the street & they are putting up sheetrock. They claimed it was good practice.

Comment

We had a guy who thought a letter that came to his house was suspicious for no other reason then it had a NY return address. Turns out the letter was a telecommunications solicitation and the whole block received the same letter. Naturally when the rest of the neighbors realized they had the same letter, suddenly, they too thought they were being targeted.
                Heckuva plan by bin-Laden, send Anthrax to a drug-infested, poverty-stricken neighborhood. People need to get a grip.
                "The streets of Philadelphia are safe...it's the people that make them unsafe"---Frank Rizzo
                http://hometown.aol.com/ppd9886/PhillyCopSpot.html

Comment

Okay, we just had another one today. School district in the county had a cafeteria worker that opened a box of seal-wrapped Snickers around 9:30 this morning. A white powdery substance came out of the box.

The school, all grade levels, was dismissed because they couldn't allow any children to go into the cafeteria.

The City's HazMat team was sent to clean up the spill & take samples.

The Sheriff's Department sent the sample by car to Dallas (3 hours away) to be tested by the FBI.

A representative from Mars Candy was sent out of Houston (2 hours away) to look at the candy. Mars called in a chemist from Waco (an hour & a half away) to come here & test the candy.

Mamas are calling doctors & emergency rooms, even though NO CHILD was in the building when the candy was opened or after.

I just hope it doesn't snow in the next week. Everyone will see that white powder falling from the sky & think its anthrax.

Comment

GDenman

I have to say, that last comment sums up the events of the past couple of weeks in a nutshell.

Just this week I've heard stories of people thinking the following items could be anthrax-related:
                    Powdered sugar on a doughnut
                    Coin residue in a bank
                    A box of salt
                    Talcum powder spilled in a grocery store
                    Sugar packets in a restaurant

Imagine if the first anthrax cases were spread as a liquid. People would be dying of dehydration so they don't catch anthrax!
                    Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6372 users online. 353 members and 6019 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X