300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two swat guys killed, public whishes it was more

Two Alexandria LA swat members killed in gun battle, several more wounded. Residents say cops deserved it.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/html/140D04FE-3974-474C-A290-0A03497D3591.shtml

http://www.thetowntalk.com/html/F6BAEF17-821F-41AA-BCD6-4192FE434211.shtml

I feel so sorry for the officers involved and for their families and friends. It is hard to express in words exactly how I feel. Again race is being used as an excuse when it is really a case of apprehending a wanted person.

Comment

quote:

A large crowd gathered to watch from a distance, and some of the crowd members yelled obscenities at the police.

out to make their contribution to society, no less.

this racial issue is getting old however, some people need it for publicity.

Comment

My girlfriend lives close to there, and both of her parents teach in Alexandria. There is always a lot of racial tension in the area. There was a school board meeting once to discuss why white families were moving across the river to a different area of the parish, and a lot of black people in the meeting said it was because of racism, and because all the white families were moving then from then on the black community would not stop "until there is a black baby in every white girls belly". Alexandria is a very poor city with a high crime rate, and a lot of hatred has been brewing there for a long time.

[ 02-21-2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: dubya ]
        TRAVIS ED WILLIAMS
        Police Officer
        Mesquite, Texas, P.D.
        Mesquite, TX
        Date of Death: 09/23/1974

Comment

quote:
          The gunman, wanted by probation and parole officers, also was slain in the incident
          Interesting choice of words. Slay means: to kill violently, wantonly, or in great numbers.

But there's no media bias.
          "But if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive." from Henry V, by Wm. Shakespeare

Comment

Time to crack down. Sounds like the protesters are just a bunch of thugs, and aren't the real community. Cull them from the herd and the people with jobs who obey the law will be grateful. Just like in the L.A. riots, a small percent gave the whole community a bad name.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I was there and heard all the **** they were yelling.
              It was not the concerned public it was all the local thugs. They were yelling for us to stop shooting or they were going to get thier guns and come after us.
              This is our hood the badass part of town. They wanna play fine with me!!!!!!!!! There is so much more to this case that I cant talk about on a public forum, but will let ya'll know when I can.

[ 02-21-2003, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: BAYOU-COP ]
              Always remember Fallen heroes Jay Carruth and David Ezernack. Shot to death FEB 2003 in a SWAT warrant served. My friends you are not forgotten.

Comment

This is terrible...

Comment

As if it's not bad enough to have to deal with the trauma of being shot at, having to shoot at another person, and seeing friends and colleagues injured and even killed-- to have to deal with so much ignorance and hatred on top of all that, is really too much.

All involved are in my prayers.

Bayou-Cop, have the families been put in touch with COPS? They are a good resource for hurting LE families.
                  We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                  but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Very sad. God rest their souls.

Comment

The very people they were trying to protect in getting a wanted criminal off the streets have turned around and spit on the graves of those who gave up their lives for the lives of others.

Sad.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the officers and their families.
                      -Sparky

Comment

Hitler would be jealous of the propaganda machine these low lifes precks are a part of.

Poor boy...just trying to get his life together...boo-hoo-hoo... But THEY harassed him??????? Sounds like they need to be shown what harassment really is, so they can make intelligent judgements in the future about what it is.

So it's not over, huh? Like I say...the National Guard has some LOVELY machine guns... [Wink]
                        People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Some paraphrased quotes:
                          'don't do nothing about the dealor's pushing poison on our children' 'All they(the pol-ice) do is harass people accusing them of being drug dealors.'

Ok, which is it?

Comment

I really don't understand the mindset of harassing police. I witnessed an accident one time where a lady turned into the path of a young man. Everyone was ok but the young man was shaken up. A black woman asked me if I had a pencil and scrap of paper so she could get the young mans phone # and call his parents before "the Man" (police) started in on him. She was very angry and didn't seem to notice that the police officers were very kind to the young man, even helping him to sit down in a chair somebody supplied.
                            Very puzzling.
                            I feel so bad about the SWAT officers. My heart goes out to their families.

Comment

"Poor boy just trying to get his life together".......That must be the reason he had a fully auto AK-47 with hundreds of rounds at his disposal. Poor Boy, never had a chance
                              TRAVIS ED WILLIAMS
                              Police Officer
                              Mesquite, Texas, P.D.
                              Mesquite, TX
                              Date of Death: 09/23/1974

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4315 users online. 288 members and 4027 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X