300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Marines Perspective

Here is a great email I received from a friend. Thought I'd share it. Pass it around because I think it is so true and shows how the lack of action in the previous eight years will become part of Bill Clinton's legacy and may it may in some part have allowed the latest trajedy.

BY; (Name deleted) R.L. CPT, USMC (ret)

After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, which killed six and injured 1,000, President Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished. After the 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed five U.S. military personnel, Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished. After the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19 and injured 200 U.S. military personnel, Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished. After the 1998 bombing of U.S. embassies in Africa, which killed 224 and injured 5,000, Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished. After the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, which killed 17 and injured 39 U.S. sailors, Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished. Maybe if Clinton had kept his promises, an estimated 7,000 people would be alive today.

The question which follows was raised on a Philadelphia radio call-in show. Without casting stones, it is a legitimate question. There are two men, both extremely wealthy. One develops relatively cheap software and gives hundreds of millions of dollars to charity. The other sponsors terrorism. That being the case, why is it that the US government has spent more money chasing down Bill Gates over the past ten years than Osama bin Laden?

[ 10-13-2001: Message edited by: Guard Dog ]
    "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Good question. Some people stick their heads in the sand and tell themselves a problem will go away if they just ignore it long enough. That doesn't work. The problem only gets worse.

Bill Gates has provided jobs for a lot of people and entertainment for those of us who are internet addicts (like me). As to whether or not he created a monopoly, he didn't kill anyone in the process. The fact that he made a fortune doesn't bother me. Perhaps some of his critics are just jealous because they didn't think of it first.

Comment

Something a lot of people forget also is that being a monoply is NOT illegal. We have had many in history and still have many (your natural gas company to name just one). The only thing illegal is to be a monoply and use anti-ocmpetitive practises, which I've never seen real proof of MS doing.

But back to the overall issue, yes it's retarded that the government spends so much going after MS and only now is on bin Laden's tail.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5039 users online. 316 members and 4723 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X