300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's seen Super Troopers?

Has anyone seen "Super Troopers" yet? I went to see it last night with some LE buddies. I thought it was pretty funny (surprisingly). If you've seen the commercials, they do a bad job explaining the movie. Basically it's about Vermont Troopers who are bored out of their minds so play practical jokes on the people they stop. The beginning is hilarious and it goes slightly down hill from there. If you liked Road Trip, Office Space, Clerks, etc you'll like this movie.

Has anybody else seen it yet?

I have no intention to see a movie that, from the previews ,apparently slams officers big time.
    There are too many other movies that I want to see to pay to sit in a theatre to see THAT.

Comment

I wouldn't particularly say that it "slams" police officers. But it certainly plays into many of Hollywood's stereotypes. The previews are misleading to a certain extent.

If you thought "Me Myself & Irene" was degrading or "slammed" cops, then you probably won't like Super Troopers.

Comment

I'll probably see it when it hits video or pay-per-view. I didn't think from the previews that it slammed cops, just looks like a good farcical comedy.
        Every movie I've ever seen with cops in it had a cop joke or stereotype in it somewhere. I was watching Law & Order the other day and Lenny (Jerry Orbach[sp?]) commented to a couple of uniforms, "Hey how about workin' off a few donuts here!"

Now if it was a movie that glorified violence against the police or something, that would be a whole other matter.
        Road Warrior

"Every man dies, not every man really lives"

Comment

I skipped Me Myself and Irene as well.
          It's not a matter of taking myself seriously, but most of those types of "comedies" simply don't appeal to me.

Comment

I rarely go to the movies, and when I do, it is never to see a movie like this. If I saw it it would be a 1.00 rental or something.

From the preveiws, the part I thought that was real funny was when the cop orders the big giant double cheesburger and the kid taking the order calls it out and say "IT'S FOR A COP!" LMAO! Reminded me of how SGT Dave has to pick and choose restaurants carefully. I'm not saying that is funny, just that scene reminded me what he said about people doing things in restaurants.

Around here a few years back they caught a guy putting his own version of special sauce in the food. That guy should have been shot.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTx:
              Around here a few years back they caught a guy putting his own version of special sauce in the food. That guy should have been shot.

Confession time: While working as a reserve officer in Texas at the time I was active duty US Army, I watched a young dude spit into a hamburger I had ordered.

He handed me the hamburger with a smirk, but lost the smirk when I made him eat that hamburger in front of me.

It felt great.

Jim Burnes

Comment

Well, I would have no problem being the butt of a cops joke where I was stopped. I would probably get it. Being me though, If I didn't understand or thought they were freaking out, I would just refuse to speak to them anymore and let them arrest me or call a supervisor, or tell me it was a joke.

Comment

I think most cops that I've meet have a sense of humor, if they didn't they'd all become suicidal and raging alcohols (okay maybe a little bit of a dramatization). With all the stress and hardships of the job you have to have a different outlook on life then the average person. Most cops that I've met have a pretty funny sense of humor, usually quite dry, cynical, and sarcastic, like mine. But this movie adds in stupidity, which most cops don't bring with them to the streets. None of these pranks would really float, but I have a strange feeling most have been tried.

The spitting in food is no joke obviously. I've heard plenty of stories about that locally and have already left restaurants with LE buddies of mine because they saw someone working there they didn't quite trust.

Oddly enough in the movie the fast food scene is completely different. The trooper jumps over the counter for an entirely different reason (thought equally as stupid) and at a different time in the movie. Commercials will do that...

Comment

Well...

I had to find this and "bump" it!

I originally agreed with tcsd-I was NOT going to pay money for this.

However...that said...I must tell:

I borrowed it from a friend who kept telling me I "had" to watch it.

OMG!! I thought I would split a GUT laughing at the first few minutes of it!!!!!!

OMG-I'm STILL hurting from laughing! And that german woman...oooooooooohhh baby... [Eek!]
                    People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Meow if you think I'm gonna go out and rent it meow that you've ruined it for me, you're mistaken.

Meow I might actually think of purchasing it IF it's on the used shelf, because right meow I just don't think it would be worth my money.

Meow on the other hand, say if all of the sudden meow someone else was putting forth the money, meaning that I meow wouldn't have to pay for its viewing, I may very well taken them up on the offer.

YOU CHICKEN F**KER!

[ 01-02-2003, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: InSane1 ]
                      Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Insane, you don't know HOW much that arouses me, you saying it and all...
                        People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

It arouses me that it arouses you..
                          Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

I have to say I thought it was hilarious! The ending was great; reminds me of a quote: He who laughs first, laughs last (or something like that)! Nothing like revenge for those cops!

Gracie
                            "Life breaks us all and afterwards some are strong at the broken places."
                            --Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Comment

quote:
                              Repeated by Piper:
                              Meow if you think I'm gonna go out and rent it meow that you've ruined it for me, you're mistaken.

Meow I might actually think of purchasing it IF it's on the used shelf, because right meow I just don't think it would be worth my money.

Meow on the other hand, say if all of the sudden meow someone else was putting forth the money, meaning that I meow wouldn't have to pay for its viewing, I may very well taken them up on the offer.

YOU CHICKEN F**KER!

Heh... I did the repeater. [Wink]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2686 users online. 139 members and 2547 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X