300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't take *no* for an answer!

We know this guy that refuses to take *no* for an answer. He wants us to join his gym. If we do, he gets 75$. Well, we have our own workout program and don't want to spend money right now.
    He simply will NOT take no for an answer! He e-mails us the particulars every single day, he calls once a day, even comes over! My husband even got angry with him and he still called today!
    My H told him that if he approached this with us one more time, he was calling it harassment. He said we had told him *no* enough. And he tore off in his car. THEN, he called to *apologize* and mentioned how much he needed the money. We still can not afford it! grrrrrr
    My H told him he wanted to hear no more about it. I hope he got the message!

What an idiot, kinda like a car salesman.

Comment

And I thought telemarketers were bad. Sometimes they don't want to take no for an answer but I can get rude and hang up on them. I finally resorted to letting the calls roll over to my answering machine so I only talk to people I want to talk to.

Comment

I've met many, many, many men that won't take NO for an answer!

Comment

Perhaps its that sexy costume and lasso.
          "To each his own"

Comment

Unfortunatley what you may have to do if he won't stop is to become very very rude and nasty. I am barraged with salesmen of all types and once they have reached the end of my microscopic patience, I tell them bad things. Not to say that I just go off on people for nothing, but I will on the ones who repeatedly harrass me.

It's just something you have to do, or suffer their wasting your time, demonstrating they have no respect for you, and insulting you with there BS.

Tell them specifically what to go do with thenselves and they will stop. Be graphic. Talk about their momma.

Comment

For some reason though my lovely wife usually takes all the sales calls now. Even the ones who ignore my no soliciting sign. She just comes in and says she'll handle them. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwoman:
                I've met many, many, many men that won't take NO for an answer!
                C'mon honey, don't be like that. You know you're the only one for me.

Comment

Make a large banner, hang it in front of your house, simply saying his name, and the big, bold answer, "NO!!!"

Telemarketers. I hate those who you can tell are reading from a card. They ask me what I think; I tell them if they want to convince me, don't read from that card, or at least learn to read it without sounding that way.

Bill collectors. Expect me to pay out more money than I make in a month to satisfy their demands. I tell them if I had access to that kind of money, I wouldn't be in such a financial jam, now would I? Then they offer to cut the amount in half. I ask them then if they were just trying to get more money out of me than they were rightfully entitled to in the first place. I got the Atorney General after those bozos. They think they are scaring me; I know that without a court judgement, there isn't a damned thing they can do, other than call and harass.

Those door-to-door as*holes who are selling that orange based cleaning spray. They start spraying whatever they see on your front porch to demonstrate it. One did that to my grill, and it ate the enamel right off it! Since then, I see one, I tell them not to even step on my porch, and not to spray anything, unless they want to buy it. One time, one was talking to my wife, when he reached abruptly behind him to get his bottle of spray he had hanging in his waistband. My dog nearly took his left leg off!

I may be going out on a limb here, but there have been these Jehova Witnesses who can't take a hint to go away. One wouldn't quit bothering my Dad one afternoon; after the third time this yayhoo beat on the door, Dad grabbed him, and told him to get lost, or he would beat the Jehova out of him, and there wouldn't be any witnesses! One area we lived in when I was young, they got to be such a nuisance, we had to put a sign by the gate of the farm we lived on, saying NO HUNTERS, NO SALESMEN, NO JEHOVA'S WITNESSES. We can appreciate someone trying to spread the word, especiallly if it's something they truly believe in, but when these people come to your door, start talking, and won't shut up, that's where we had to draw the line, especially when it got to be a daily thing.
                  One time, we came home, and saw that our dog had two of them cornered on top of their car! We called off the dog, after first making it clear we were not interested, and to please not come back. They left without a word.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way badmouthing the Jehova's Witnesses church. I've known several personally, and they were fine people. It's just that some of those who go out to spread the word do not realize how overbearing they can be to those who are not interested, to the point of annoying and/or offending these people.
                  Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by ftrphxcop:
                    Perhaps its that sexy costume and lasso.
                    LOL

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
                    C'mon honey, don't be like that. You know you're the only one for me.

After everything we have been through I hope so!

Comment

Especially now that I know you have lots of money.

Comment

I'm like Mike when it comes to salesmen that push to much. I'll be respectful but firm at first, but don't mistake that for an easy mark.
                        The worst are the tele-marketers who call and after I tell them "thank you, but I'm not interested" they come back with, "Sir, you're not interested in saving money...or whatever they're pitching". That'll get you a hang-up every time.
                        My new anti-telemarketer method, I borrowed from Jerry Seinfeld. If they're pushy, I ask them for their home number so that I can call them back while they are trying to eat dinner. This always works and earns me a hang up. My wife now automatically hands me the phone if they get pushy with her. Just to hear me push them a bit.
                        "The streets of Philadelphia are safe...it's the people that make them unsafe"---Frank Rizzo
                        http://hometown.aol.com/ppd9886/PhillyCopSpot.html

Comment

As for telemarketers, if i had a pet peeve that would be it. I bought a little gadget, $19.95, hooks right into the phone. As soon as you hear they're selling you something (hints: they pronounce your name wrong or ask for Mr/Mrs when there is no Mr there), you push the button. It gives them a message saying that the number does not accept that type of call and to please remove the number from their list. It has cut my calls about 90%. After you push the button, you can hang up the phone. It's great for those who dont even like to hurt TELEMARKETERS' feelings.

[ 10-13-2001: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
                          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Jellybean, where did you buy that device? I think I need one.
                            Don't Fight Fair!
                            Fight To Win!

Comment

Originally posted by Wannabe2000:
                              Jellybean, where did you buy that device? I think I need one.
                              I think i got it from the Sharper Image catalog, or a similar one. But here's the site for it.
                              http://www.ahernstore.com/ahernstore/phonex.html
                              "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5418 users online. 305 members and 5113 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X