Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come you don't see THESE "protest" signs??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come you don't see THESE "protest" signs??

with all the coverage of protests this weekend i always crack up at some of the signs these people carry.

so i came up with my own list of signs i'd like to see at the anti-war/Pro-Saddam protests:

Where's the idiot holding the sign "Will protest for food stamps"

Or "Will protest for a pack of cigs and a bottle of Boone's Farm ?????

How bout "Will protest cause my dad is rich and pays for everything including the SUV I drove down here in"

Or "Will protest because my girlfreind won't give it up until I do"

Or "I'm just here because I'm a stupid Pete Seeger fan"

Or "Is Joan Baez gonna sing that 'Joe Hill' song?"

How bout "****...the NFL is over now and I have nothing else to do this weekend"

Or "I'm missing NASCAR for this???"

How bout "No war for oil...oh wait, it's NOT about oil. Nevermind."

Or "No war with Arak, I mean Irac, oh however you spell that kuntry's name"

Where is "I came down to protest and all I got was this stupid sign"

Or "Ooops -- I thought this was the PETA 'I'd rather be naked than wear fur' protest"

How bout "Get outta 'Nam, Get outta 'Nam...oh man, the acid is really kickin' in now!!"

Where's the sign "Oh boy...I hope Neil Young writes a song about this one too"

How bout "OK copper, just TRY and pepper spray me"

Where's "It's 'Adam and Eve, not Adam and Ste...' oops, wrong protest"

But I'd really like to see one that says "Too bad my mother didn't have access to RU486!!"

[ 02-17-2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: nickg ]
    I'll post, You argue.

quote:
    Originally posted by nickg:

How bout "Will protest cause my dad is rich and pays for everything including the SUV I drove down here in"

So which is it are they spoiled college kids or are they homeless people on food stamps?

Comment

Are homeless people on food stamps? They've probably got more important things to do than protest anyway.
      On the wings of a dove
      Let's roll for justice
      Let's roll for truth
      Let's not let our children grow up
      Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by shrill:
        quote:

So which is it are they spoiled college kids or are they homeless people on food stamps?
        gee...i didn't know there was only ONE type of protester.

plus the liberals love the diversified multi-cultural groups anyway. who says that willie the bum can't march next to barbra streisand??

[ 02-17-2003, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: nickg ]
        I'll post, You argue.

Comment

So what exactly is wrong with people who protest against war? Is war a good thing?
          Retired

Comment

What's wrong with bagging on protesters? Don't I have just as much of a right to speak my mind? Why are people who bag on protesters always labeled as war mongers? I would like to see a peaceful end to this deal but I don't think it's gonna happen. Speak your mind all you want but don't be suprised when someone disagrees with you.
            On the wings of a dove
            Let's roll for justice
            Let's roll for truth

Comment

how DARE you disagree with the peaceniks you warmonger you!!

[ 02-17-2003, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: nickg ]
              I'll post, You argue.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by shrill:

I think the goal was to cram everyone that he disapproves of into one post.
                "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

nickg,

quote:
                  how DARE you disagree with the peaceniks you warmonger you!!

What is a peacenik?
                  Retired

Comment

jar,

quote:
                    Originally posted by jarhead6073:
                    What's wrong with bagging on protesters? Don't I have just as much of a right to speak my mind? Why are people who bag on protesters always labeled as war mongers? I would like to see a peaceful end to this deal but I don't think it's gonna happen. Speak your mind all you want but don't be suprised when someone disagrees with you.

I didn't read where anyone said you couldn't rag on protestors. You of course have the same right to disagree as the rest of us. What gave you the idea you were labeled a war-monger?
                    Retired

Comment

Nick, in spite of what anyone says, I think your post is funny as hell.

ANYBODY GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT????
                      6P1 (retired)

Comment

nick-
                        I thought your post was great, too.

[ 02-18-2003, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: dkiefner ]

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by retired:
                          jar,

I didn't read where anyone said you couldn't rag on protestors. You of course have the same right to disagree as the rest of us. What gave you the idea you were labeled a war-monger?

It's actually 'jarhead'. Jarhead is a nickname for Marines. 'Jar' doesn't actually mean anything besides a glass container with or without a lid that doesn't usually have handles. Oh, that is unless you are making a disparaging joke about my screen name. In which case it was very funny.

We all know what you're saying when you defend the protesters. When you ask us if war is good as if any of us really think it is. Just as the anti-war crowd feels that they are being labled 'unamerican', something that you take exception with. Those of us who are pro-liberation are effectively, if not explicitly, labled war mongers or something similar. And just as you take exception with being called unamerican for being anti-war, I too take exception with the implication that I am some kind of barbarian who cares nothing about human life. Especially the life of civilians and fellow servicemembers.

The way I see it, it is the anti crowd who are the selfish inhumane ones. They say that Iraq isn't a threat to the United States. So what. He is a threat to others and I care enough about the oppression of Iraqi civilians (not to mention the threat he poses to Kuwait, Iran, Turkey, Isreal, and Saudi Arabia) that I am willing to risk military action to bring about their liberation. Respond that there are other dictators out there are as bad or worse than Sadaam and you will get the same answer from me. I am willing to risk military action in order to secure freedom for others. In fact I feel that it is Americas' duty to do so.

Unlike most, I actually know people who are in the Gulf right now. One of them is a grunt (another Marine nickname) who was my best friend growing up. Others are support personnel. I personally wait every day for my activation notice. I don't take the notion of war lightly. But I also don't shirk what I feel is my responsibility. Nobody else has to agree with me and I don't care.
                          On the wings of a dove
                          Let's roll for justice
                          Let's roll for truth

Comment

"Jarhead6073",

quote:
                            Originally posted by jarhead6073:
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by retired:
                            jar,

It's actually 'jarhead'. Jarhead is a nickname for Marines. 'Jar' doesn't actually mean anything besides a glass container with or without a lid that doesn't usually have handles. Oh, that is unless you are making a disparaging joke about my screen name. In which case it was very funny.

We all know what you're saying when you defend the protesters. When you ask us if war is good as if any of us really think it is. Just as the anti-war crowd feels that they are being labled 'unamerican', something that you take exception with. Those of us who are pro-liberation are effectively, if not explicitly, labled war mongers or something similar. And just as you take exception with being called unamerican for being anti-war, I too take exception with the implication that I am some kind of barbarian who cares nothing about human life. Especially the life of civilians and fellow servicemembers.

The way I see it, it is the anti crowd who are the selfish inhumane ones. They say that Iraq isn't a threat to the United States. So what. He is a threat to others and I care enough about the oppression of Iraqi civilians (not to mention the threat he poses to Kuwait, Iran, Turkey, Isreal, and Saudi Arabia) that I am willing to risk military action to bring about their liberation. Respond that there are other dictators out there are as bad or worse than Sadaam and you will get the same answer from me. I am willing to risk military action in order to secure freedom for others. In fact I feel that it is Americas' duty to do so.

Unlike most, I actually know people who are in the Gulf right now. One of them is a grunt (another Marine nickname) who was my best friend growing up. Others are support personnel. I personally wait every day for my activation notice. I don't take the notion of war lightly. But I also don't shirk what I feel is my responsibility. Nobody else has to agree with me and I don't care.

I have a habit of abbreviating screen names. Even though I was only in the Air Force, I am well aware of the nickname of Jarhead for a Marine. But thanks for the enlightenment.

You and I disagree that it is the responsibility of America to lose American lives for the freedom of people in countries like Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, etc. I don't share your opinion on that. I am not willing to lose the life of my son or daughter for somone in any of those countries. We have already lost too many American lives in countries like Somalia, Bosnia, Lebanon,etc., and it didn't change a thing. But I am willing to engage in military action for the defense of America. But again, you and I share a different opinion of what danger we are in. I don't see Iraq as the same threat you do.

Anyway, I appreciate your comments, even though we are different sides of the fence with regards to an attack against Iraq.
                            Retired

Comment

Well, I enjoyed the post and thought it was funny.
                              "There's only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And it comes with the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5157 users online. 319 members and 4838 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X