Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Ice Cube Tray please. Serious.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Ice Cube Tray please. Serious.

Ok, it sounds funny, but I can't get the ice cubes loose from the tray. Completely stuck, and I've tried twisting the plastic tray(but only snapped the tray in half).

What can I do?

Jim Burnes

Hold it under running water
    "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Get an ice maker!
      Criminals prefer unarmed victims.

Comment

stick it in the microwave
        "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

...or the oven.

Comment

Oh, I tried the microwave already. It loosend the ice cubes ok, but then I got to refreeze the whole thing if I want ice. And then, when I get it frozen enough, the dang tray won't release so I got to microwave it again! So, I think the microwave thing is hopeless.

And thanks for the suggestion to use the stove, I put the tray in there just now, set at about 500 degrees. That should do it. eh.

Jim Burnes

Comment

If you were here you could just walk outside and fill your glass. We've got plenty of tiny icecubes.
              You only have one ice tray????? OOPS I forgot...you just melted it in the oven! Now you got no ice tray!
              Go to the mini mart and buy a bag of ice.

Comment

LOL -- you know, Jellybeans suggestion will actually work...
                "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

Jules,

Wow! I never knew icecubes could burn in a stove like that! Well, I did in fact go to the Q-T here in Tulsa and asked for a bag of ice. But there seems to be a communication problem.

The Okie clerk claims I called him an ***, But I just wanted some ice. The Okies here talk like they got something in their mouth. So I had to yell: ICE, man! And that okie come across that counter at me.

Jules, That was not a good suggestion. I think you were joking.

Jim Burnes

Comment

So Sorry, Jim!

I can just picture the whole scene! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Maybe you should just forget the whole ice cube thing and drink warm soda!
                    Burned the icecubes, EH? Are you one of those who burns water too!!!!!

Comment

Jim, if you just drink it "neat" then you don't need ice cubes!
                      6P1 (retired)

Comment

Just step out to your garage and get that can of Teflon Spray. Spray the heck out of the tray before you put water in it. That might make the ice cubes come out easier. [Wink]
                        6P1 (retired)

Comment

quote:
                          Jim, if you just drink it "neat" then you don't need ice cubes
                          Hmmm, Sounds like the voice of experience. [Wink]

Comment

I've tried Jelly Beans idea about running water over the ice cubes, but it had to be hot to loosen up, the ice fell into the garbage disposal and so, I lost it all

Don, There's no teflon spray, so I coated the tray with some used crankcase oil I've been saving for turn-in.

I noticed the water I put into the tray afterward, sure has some nice looking colors to it now.

Jim Burnes

Comment

Bummer. In that case, maybe just ditch the tray altogether. Try filling balloons (or other suitable rubber bladders) with water until they are just the right size. Freeze. Then when you're ready for your scotch on the rocks, just select and peel the ones you want (or if you want the cooling effect, without the diluting effect, just drop the frozen balloons directly in the scotch).

[ 02-16-2003, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: PeacefulDragon ]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5901 users online. 325 members and 5576 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X