300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoadWarrior:
    I had another buddy that was in the Navy, and the two of them were constantly at each other's throats. What's up with the rivalry between Navy and Marines?
    The Marines are a department of the Navy..

The Men's Department

Comment

I was rejected when I tried to enlist in the Marines.

My parents were married, so I wasn't qualified.

Comment

lol... Nightshift.....thats bad!!!
        Steve

Comment

Please take all of this in the same fashion, as the jibes offered above, in the finest tradition of the Naval Service. Since some here feel obilgied to take cheap shots at the US miltary's only real fighting arm...

It's OK Shift, if they had been married to each other......

Fourth verse of the USMC Hymn:
          If the Army or the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
          They will find their wives are sleeping with United States Marines..

For reference, Chesty Puller was the guy the Amry textbooks still call the best tactical commander in battlefield history.

His "kinder, gentler" cousin had to settle for West Point and the Army over the glory of VMI and the Corps, a guy named Patton.

In addition to wiping out most of a 3 to 1 numerically superior force of the ChiCom at Chosen and recovering all that Army gear the dogfaces left when the left in such a hurry at breakfast, Puller also was the commander at the Ternau River on Guadalcanal, helped develop the concept of close air support in the Bannana wars, and was famous for favoring his enlisted Marines over the brass.

On the 'canal he was asked by a Army major brought up with his unit to support the Fifth Marines, "Where is my pull-back point?"

Puller told the Marine PFC standing next to him to fix bayonet and stick the major if he pulled back more than three feet. "Is that clear enought major?" Puller explained.
          LEO and Smoke Eater
          Former Marine

Comment

>>>Since some here feel obilgied to take cheap shots at the US miltary's only real fighting arm...<<<

Naw SF, we in the rest of the miltary were obilgied to do no such thing; even stepchildren are loved.

>>>Marine looks up, points and sez, uhhhh uhhhhh uhhhhh.<<<

QED
            Dave Kiefner
            [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

"Since some here feel obilgied to take cheap shots at the US miltary's only real fighting arm..."

It's your story, you can tell it how you want

"They will find their wives are sleeping with United States Marines.."

If that fairy tale make the jarheads feel better, who am I to tell them that there is no Santa Claus.

"the guy the Amry textbooks still call the best tactical commander in battlefield history."

Which textbooks are those??

Comment

>>>Which textbooks are those<<<

Not the spelling ones...
                Dave Kiefner

Comment

Phew, Im just glad we aren't talking about the Coast Guard
                  -A good friend will bail you out of jail, but your best friend will be the one sitting next to you saying "That was frickin' awesome!"

Comment

It's interesting that everyone takes shots at Marines' intellect, when the USMC is the only branch of the military that won't acccept people with GED's (read: High School dropouts) into its ranks.

Comment

That would be interesting, Patrick, except that a HS Diploma, like a dollar, ain't what it used to be.
                      Dave Kiefner

Comment

"the USMC is the only branch of the military that won't acccept people with GED's"

Sure they do. Where do you think Marine officers come from?

Comment

You know how they get officers?

A NCO is a man who comes up from the ranks and learns and trains until he knows something about many things. Then they train him and teach him even more, until eventually he knows nothing about everything, at which point he they make him an officer.

Comment

My first year in the Corps, I knew several Marines that were studying for their GED's.
                            Steve

Comment

Another one:

A guy is floating along in a hot air balloon when he sees another guy walking along on the ground below. The balloonist, being a little off course, stops the thing and asks for directions.

"Excuse me, down there, can you tell me where I am?"

The guy on the ground looks up and replies,

"Well, you're in a hot air balloon, about thirty feet off the ground, and not drifting too much."

The guy in the balloon looks down,

"You must be an NCO."

Guy on the ground - "Yes, how did you know?"

"All the information you gave me is technically accurate, concise, and well delivered, but it's of no use whatsoever to me right now."

Guy on the ground - "You must be an officer."

Balloonist - "Yes, how did you know?"

"Well, you're just as screwed as you were five minutes ago, only now it's my fault."

Bonk (former E-5.5 [SSgt selectee] USMC)

Comment

Bonk (former E-5.5 [SSgt selectee] USMC)

Know what I always called a SSgt select?

Sgt.

My first year in the Corps, I knew several Marines that were studying for their GED's.

As all veterans should be aware, anything can be accomplished with a waiver. Recruting policy for the Corps for the last 15 years has been not to accept people without a diploma or GED. However, they will take reservists in the summer between Jr and Sr year, and dropouts. Both have a specified amount of time to complete GED (usually 1 year) or, See Yah! That's from the local recruiter.

My father in law is fond of pointing out anything that paints Marines in a bad light.

He says MARINE is an acronym:

Muscles
                                Are
                                Required
                                Intelligence
                                Not
                                Essential

Rag us all you want, we know the deal.

Just ask Colonel David Hackworth, USA (Ret.)
                                "But if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive." from Henry V, by Wm. Shakespeare

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5277 users online. 312 members and 4965 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X