300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 straight hours of sleet!!

It's been sleeting here steadily for the last 8 or so hours! I put my coveralls on this morning and took the dog for a walk in it. The footing is great since the sleet is crunchy and since it's frozen I didn't get wet. Thank goodness this isn't freezing rain, we'd be in a world of hurt if it was.

Now I'm stuck in the house and totally BORED!!!!!!

Any body want to go out and play in the sleet with me? We've got some great sledding hills here.
    Criminals prefer unarmed victims.

Ya wanna hear about stuck in the house?? we're having a blizzard... i went to sleep at 4 AM and it was not snowing. and now there is a foot already, and it's supposed to continue thru Tuesday!

it's blowing and drifting and my poor dog almost could not get thru it. it's actually kind of scary, and i normally love snow. there is no visibility right now and the winds are picking up. i shoveled the steps once and 2 hours later there was 3 more inches on them. we are expected to get up to 24 inches... this is one time i wish i didnt live alone!! i'm glad the dog is here.

be careful if you go out, Jules. all i want to do is keep the steps clear so my door opens! [Eek!]
    "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Thanks JB, I don't think I'll be going out again today. I'm well stocked and I'll be cooking a big pot of soup, playing here on O.com, and generally be lazy. Your weather sounds rough, you got lots of food in the house?

You got any snowshoes for that dog??

Comment

I have a bit of food, but now i think i'll make soup! that sounds good.

The problem is, the snow was up higher than my dog's chest, and she's a boxer/bulldog with LONG legs! it's pretty amazing here right now. there is a drift that's up past my office window...that's what i mean about scary lol [Eek!]
        "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA! I'll be sure to post from sunny 75 degree Florida next week...

No storms here in VT ! GO AWAY SNOW!! I'm ready for spring!
          "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

Comment

WHY do people go out driving in a blizzard? god i would hate to be an officer around here today. i can see if someone HAS to go out for an emergency, but they show the bigger roads and tons of people are on them.

Delaware called a state of emergency and only emergency vehicles can be on the road. they should do that in Jersey and PA too. i know they cant ticket everybody but at least it might let them know how bad it is. the news just reported a FORTY car accident on the PA Turnpike.

Comment

Forty cars? That will be a mess. I hope there aren't too many injuries. I don't understand why people go out in this weather either. Around here people don't know how to drive on snow, heck some people don't know how to drive, period!

Comment

Whoooooohooooooo! We have two feet of snow here, now and it's possible we may be getting a "significant" amount more! I'm loving this!

Comment

Anyone need a shovel? Salt?

Comment

85 degrees in Orlando yesterday!

Comment

Salt? Yeah, I got the salt, but no lemons or tuhkillya. Just made a beer run though, got plenty of food and water, etc, here but was out of the most important thing, BEER!

Still sleeting too... [Frown]

Comment

I've got the coal stove stoked up to around 80 degrees, a cheesesteak, an icy cold coke and my sista to hang out with online....life is good!

Florida is way over-rated....LOL

Comment

quote:
                            Florida is way over-rated.
                            Amen! I lived there for 10 years and the tourists drove me out. D*mn Yanks don't know how to drive in the rain!

Comment

You just have to live where the tourists AREN'T, Jules. lol We don't have many snowbirds around us so I love where I live but so enjoy the cooler weather. I wanted to move at one time but my husband is a dyed in the wool Florida boy as is our son. I'd never get him away from here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5224 users online. 320 members and 4904 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X