300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy Billboard

I'm a veteran and a pretty patriotic guy, but even I find a lot of the US military recruiting advertisements to be a little hokey. But I saw a great one today....from the Navy.

Plain picture of a carrier on the ocean. The caption was "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten it".

Thumbs up to that designer.

Sure beats the "Army of One" crap.
    Dave Kiefner
    [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

Oooooooooh-rahhhhhhh!

With their dungarees, with the back pockets in the front.

Seriously, I love them-I got teary eyed at the sight of the carrier off NY Harbor after the attacks on 9/11. It was an odd site, after all our defense "downsizing," to see the HUGE symbol of our military superiority sitting so close to our homeland, but it made a statement-

"Yeah, you got some sneak attack in on us and you might have hurt us, but bring it own NOW big boy. Bring any of your camel and goat humping military that needs to die NOW."
      People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

CMC General James L. Jones was on Fox news today, "The Beltway Boys," and he previewed the new Marine Commercial.

Motivating. !
        "If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead & rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing."-Ben Franklin

"Once a Marine, Always a Marine!"

Comment

I don't understand "Army of One". One talk show person said it was because yoiung people didn't want to play follow the leader, they were individuals and "Army of One" was supposed to denote self.

YEA RIGHT.....

Recruit: "Sergeant, I don't feel as though
          I should be doing it this way. As
          an indivildual I think ........."

Sergeant: "I don't give a $hit what YOU
          think!"
          "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

An army of one, huh. Give me somebody who falls for that and I'll sell them that coastal property I own in Southern Utah! Sheesh. . .
            6P1 (retired)

Comment

Minor correction:

The slogan is "Life, Liberty and the puruit of ALL who threaten it." I found that significant.

If anyone figures out the "Army of One" thing, let me in on it. I tried looking at goarmy.com, which has the slogan all over their site, but I never saw it explained.

It seems to me that an "Army of One" is an oxymoron in the first place......like a "one man gang."

Comment

GoArmy

Friday

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Friday ]

Comment

Still sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Comment

ArmyIrony

Friday

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5932 users online. 333 members and 5599 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X