300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The horrors of Internet Love

It gives me chills to think what could have happened to these kids!

Woman accused of leaving kids for Net romance

PLACENTIA, Calif. (AP) -- A woman is accused of leaving her children, ages 4 and 7, home alone for three weeks while she went to North Carolina to visit a man she had met over the Internet.

Janet Chen, 31, apparently left frozen food in the refrigerator and instructed the children to hide if strangers came to the apartment, authorities said.

Chen was charged Thursday with child endangerment and held on $25,000 bail.

"It's horrible enough what happened. But what could have happened was unbelievable," Detective Corinne Loomis said.

A neighbor who heard the 4-year-old boy and 7-year-old girl crying inside the apartment alerted police Monday. Officers found the front door unlocked and the two children huddled together in a back bedroom, Loomis said.

"They were instructed that if anybody came to the door to go in the back bedroom and hide," Loomis said.

Officers said the children lived on such frozen meals as Bagel Bites and corn dogs since their mother left Dec. 18.

Chen, who returned early Wednesday, told police that she had planned to marry the North Carolina man but that the relationship fell apart.

Chen "basically said she knew that she shouldn't have done it, and did it and hoped for the best," Loomis said.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Law/2003/01/09/9902-ap.html

Did I ever tell you people I had an ID "NoWwW.Luv4Me" before? The internet makes people crazy.

This lady was a FREAK. There, I flamed her. I DID. SHE'S A FREAK! Pffft!!!! Leave your kids for someone you met on the net? It makes me SICK.

*let it be noted that anyone who makes a joke about my name has been forewarned I've been PMSing. [Wink] [Wink]
    Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Yanno-
      I find it interesting that you have to have a license of everything else in life, but any scumbag can reproduce...

Comment

And interesting to think this had or has anything to do with the internet. My mom left us alone when we were kids all the time to go out with men. It's not exactly a new thing. My ex wife did it so much that my kids asked to live with me, and have for almost 3 years. There are lots of wierdos out there. Remember Susan Smith?
        "But if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive." from Henry V, by Wm. Shakespeare

Comment

I wouldnt blame her craziness on the internet either... i'd say something was wrong wayyy before the internet romance...
          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

"... yes, thank you sir, and that will be 4.95 for one session of self-stimulation, sir. Here's your license back." -- Clerk at Bureau of Genitalia Useage.

Comment

I disagree. I think the internet had a lot to do with it. The internet can be quite intoxicating and makes people do very strange things. It is addictive and people get into this "fantasy" life. they live out alter egos and they become people they aren't some go as far as to actually assume their "role" they play on the net. I think the addiction has a lot to do with it. somepeople live on the internet.

Granted, I use the internet a lot, I know where the line of reality and fantasy is. I remember when I first started playing games on the net and when I spent every waking moment on the computer. "chatting". I dreamt about playing "pop-it" or "Spades" online so much that it made my blood boil. People become drunk with facination that they might meet the perfect someone on the net. ITS A DRUG. if you have any of these feelings.. or start shouting "EL OH EL" at the tv or anyone in real life.. then you know you got a problem.. heh...

Comment

I agree with everything you said, Insane. but i still think thats like saying ppl who play violent video games or listen to dark rock music are gonna do evil.

i still say something has to be wrong in there in the first place... it may be a tool to drive them crazier... but the trip there had already begun [Wink]

(and i'm not saying youre insane (haha) to be playing the on-line games all the time... you got over it. (didnt you? )

[ 01-11-2003, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
                "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

~clicks back and forth between windows~
                  HUH?
                  ~click~ *yeah... bag those SOB's!*
                  ~click~
                  Wha? Yeah.. I got over it... [Wink]

~click~ *DAMN they set me... *
                  ~click~
                  LONG TIME AGO JELLY... LONG ago... ancient history....
                  ~click~

[Wink]
                  At least you agree about the addictive part.

Comment

quote:
                    Chen, who returned early Wednesday, told police that she had planned to marry the North Carolina man but that the relationship fell apart.
                    I guess you could say it "fell apart." I didn't know she was into gerbils! I sent her *** packing! (No pun intended.) I didn't know she had kids though...

quote:
                    let it be noted that anyone who makes a joke about my name has been forewarned I've been PMSing.
                    Here we go again... Somehow this arouses me... [Eek!]

quote:
                    I find it interesting that you have to have a license of everything else in life, but any scumbag can reproduce
                    I'm reminded of the line from Parenthood that Keanu Reeves character says:

"You know, Mrs. Buchman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming ******* be a father."

quote:

posted 01-11-2003 01:23 AM
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    ~clicks back and forth between windows~
                    HUH?
                    ~click~ *yeah... bag those SOB's!*
                    ~click~
                    Wha? Yeah.. I got over it...

~click~ *DAMN they set me... *
                    ~click~
                    LONG TIME AGO JELLY... LONG ago... ancient history....
                    ~click~

At least you agree about the addictive part.

???????? ????????????

I don't KNOW what was just said?.?.?.?
                    People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

quote:
                      "Here we go again... Somehow this arouses me..."
                      Sgt Dave. It arouses you because you, along with many men, are attracted to the fruit bearer. You see, studies show that men are attracted to women's ability to bear children. Thats why pregnant women are attractive to men. I think that there is an assiciation, at least for you, that my ability to be fruitful stems from my PMSing, which is attractive to you. Hence, it arouses you deeply. [Wink]

Comment

quote:
                        Sgt Dave. It arouses you because you, along with many men, are attracted to the fruit bearer. You see, studies show that men are attracted to women's ability to bear children. Thats why pregnant women are attractive to men. I think that there is an assiciation, at least for you, that my ability to be fruitful stems from my PMSing, which is attractive to you. Hence, it arouses you deeply.
                        Whoa! Look out!!!!!!!!!!! [Eek!]

Lookie here!!!! An unexpected burst of well thought out, cogent, lucid analytical thinking from Insane1
                        People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

quote:
                          "But doesn't the logic of your conclusion become contradicted by your signature line????"
                          I can't explain that in open forum [Wink]

quote:
                          "Anyway, I'm aroused by your analysis

Comment

I'm aroused by the whole damn thing!

*sigh*

Comment

You see, studies show that men are attracted to women's ability to bear children.

I think men are attracted to big (.)(.) and not too much else.

Thats why pregnant women are attractive to men.

No, it's because their (.)(.) swell and their hormones are in overdrive.

I just think that women are more sexual when pregnant because they feel unattractive and the sex act reassures the female while helping to keep the male from straying.
                              "But if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive." from Henry V, by Wm. Shakespeare

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5646 users online. 360 members and 5286 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X