300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grateful pups

Earlier this evening, I heard a ruckus (yes, I said 'ruckus') in the back of my house. I heard a
    Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

The same people who drink Lone Star Beer and say, " Hey! Bubba, watch this!" as they accidently kill themselves. Also, they generally are missing some teeth. We call them " lakers " where I live.

[ 02-07-2002: Message edited by: Evnings ]
    RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

That was very kind of you. This morning, there was a stray Siberian Husky that was roaming my street. When I started to drive off, he ran alongside my vehicle. I slowed down and stopped. He stopped to and came up to my door. I slowly exited and tried to get him to come to me so I could read his "tags." When he got within two feet of me, he just "took off." I don't know why or who he belongs to. He is a very nice dog.
      Sincerely,

Jeffrey

Comment

Down here they called rednecks.
        Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Just like the fable of Androcles and the lion, animals do not forget when you have been kind to them, and do appreciate you doing them a kind favor. Sounds like you have made a friend for life.

Rottweilers are really no different from other breeds like German Shepherds, pit bulls, Dobermans, and the like. They can be quite friendly, but at the same time do their job they are trained to do. Those who attack without cause and make the papers are those who come from bad breeding, or belong to irresponsible owners. The breed alone does not determine what the dog will do.

Tying a Rottweiller to a 12" stake? That's like mooring a battleship with a clothes line! I had a guy flag me down in my mixer once, and got a 5 gallon bucket of leftover concrete from me. He proceeded to sink a 4 foot length of heavy duty chain in the concrete; when the concrete hardened, he was going to bury that into the ground about 3 feet down, and attach the dog chain to the anchor chain. I commented he must have a big, strong dog; he told me it was a 150 pound Rotty!
          Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

Jack,

What are you going to name them? What did you think when the male first came over to "thank you", Did you have your weed whacker ready just in case?
            Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast_1:
              Jack,

What are you going to name them? What did you think when the male first came over to "thank you", Did you have your weed whacker ready just in case?
              Yes, it was ready, just in case. The way he was barking, I really didn't worry too much.

And naming them wouldn't be in the cards, either. I let them run on home. The area I live in is semi-rural, mostly fields and a few developments. They were probably back home before I had dinner.
              Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

My wife related a terrifying incident she witnessed yesterday, involving a Chow. Seems this woman had her Chow tied in the back of her truck via a too long lead. At a traffic light, the Chow hopped out, unknown to the driver...who took off. My wife said it took 5 cars and 1 block to get the woman stopped. She said the driver was visible ANGRY at the 5 drivers, until she realized what had happened. Some people have NO business owning pets!

Now....having said that, I just 'acquired' a new yellow lab puppy that someone dumped out on the road. My daughter promptly named her 'Daisy'. Poor puppy.......
                "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Originally posted by shooter1201:
                  Now....having said that, I just 'acquired' a new yellow lab puppy that someone dumped out on the road. My daughter promptly named her 'Daisy'. Poor puppy.......
                  You're a good guy shooter !!
                  Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

Try telling that to my Golden Retriever, Sable, who is no longer the center of attention...LOL
                    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

A friend of mine is so upset. She put her little Yorkie in her car on her lead, not noticing that the little thing jumped back out as she shut the door, catching the lead in the door. She took off, dragging the poor thing until two neighbors ran to their cars and stopped her about a block away.
                      The poor pup broke all 4 legs and has stitches everywhere but still wags that tail and gives wet kisses when you put your face by her. My friend still cries over it and feels so horrible about it. But, the lucky pup is being treated like a queen and will heal well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6263 users online. 355 members and 5908 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X