300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Celebrities

The crap that gets printed in newspapers today...

Celebrities are too smart!!
    On the wings of a dove
    Let's roll for justice
    Let's roll for truth
    Let's not let our children grow up
    Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

What a bunch of whiny bawl-babies. They're just a bunch of arrogant snots whose egos are out of control.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

One of my favorite lines..

Though there is a strong anti-war movement in this country, it is also strangely muted

Strangely muted? Every time 20 college kids get together to protest it's covered on every news station for two days! Muted my @ss. It's so over blown in the media you'd think that they were in the majority or something.
      On the wings of a dove
      Let's roll for justice
      Let's roll for truth

Comment

why can't we drop a few bombs in hollywood on the way to baghdad?? i mean really, would anyone really miss the place??
        I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Maybe the upcoming war will bring Penn and Madonna back together. They are are all morons.
          Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

I don't see anything offensive about celebrities speaking their minds. Aren't they as entitled to free speech as anyone? I wouldn't say being wealthy or famous means you're not allowed to question the situation or say what you believe in. Would they be better people if they felt war was not the answer but did nothing to express that sentiment?

Comment

They have the same right to voice their opinions that you and I have. The difference is that they, like many college professors and other "intellectuals" I know, think that they exist on some higer plane than the rest of us slobs. That because they're rich and famous that it gives them some sort of special insight into world politics. i.e. Sean Penns' so called 'fact finding' mission to Iraq. C'mon, the guy is no rocket scientist,wtf is he doing over there other than getting his name in the headlines so that he can stroke his ego. The same goes for the rest of the clowns who like to get their faces on t.v. whenever possible. It's obvious by most of their statements that they are hopelessly uninformed on the subjects of which they speak but because somebody puts a mic in their face they feel compelled to enlighten the rest of us.

Just my thoughts on the situation. It bugged me too that this columnist felt the need to defend their ignorant statements and liken them to actual smart people like MLK, Ghandi, etc.
              On the wings of a dove
              Let's roll for justice
              Let's roll for truth

Comment

Your opinion once again gives you away. I tend to agree with a very close "friend" of mine when it comes to this subject:

Screw Penn, the horse he rode in on and all the hangers-on following him.

He just put it...so succinctly.

[ 02-18-2003, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Niteshift ]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5490 users online. 302 members and 5188 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X