Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkwulfe
    replied
    For out of they way tropical places with quiet, not yet commercialized beaches, with few tourists and small crowds I would recommend Fiji, the British Virgin Islands, and the Truk Islands. All were excellent and I would go back again if I had the chance. Another great place that not many know about is Zanzibar, a small Island off the coast of Tanzania. They all have out of the way areas that offer quiet beaches with very small crowds. I left feeling like I had been on a vacation and not part of the rat race of tourists trying to see everything I could in the short amount of time I had.

I would not recommend the Florida Keys, Hawaii, the US Virgin Islands, or the Caymans. They are all beautiful; offer great beaches, accommodations and scuba diving. But they are all very crowded, very commercialized, and very expensive. They are great to visit but in my opinion do not offer a "vacation" atmosphere. I go on vacation to get away from crowds, get away from the rat race, get away from commercialization. I want to relax. But it all depends on what kind of vacation you are looking for. Many people get uncomfortable when they are away from what we have gotten used to as

Leave a comment:

• AutumnAngel
    replied
    The ship is at the port for just the day, they usually don't stay there overnight. Atleast mine didn't. I went on Royal Carribean cruiselines -- and I have to agree with Tprs; I didn't like the formal dinners and things either. Mainly because they sit you with about 6 complete strangers and that just isn't me. Not that I'm not social, it just felt too forced to me. But yeah, you don't have to do any of the activities if you don't want to -- a lot of the time we would just hang out at the pool or gamble. Anyway, I totally understand the virus thing going around -- I wouldn't want to take a cruise right now either until that situation figured itself out. Have fun whatever you decide.

Leave a comment:

• Traffic_Goddess
    replied
    I can never tell when I'm burning, but then again, it happens so rarely to me.

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    I think those islands are in the West Indies.

and if i'm drunk, i WILL need someone to tell me i'm burning!

Leave a comment:

• Tprspouse
    replied
    The only Trinidad and Tobago is the one I hear about in the miss universe pageant. "Miss Trinidad and Tobago". LOL

TG, can't you tell if you're burning? DUH LOL j/k But, that was pretty nice of them.

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    That sounds great! thanks TG

Leave a comment:

• Traffic_Goddess
    replied
    jellybean-
    I LOVE Cancun! The resort that I stayed at had drinks service on the beach. They came out to take your order and brought your drinks to you. They would also warn you if you were starting to burn and would bring a sun umbrella over.
    The food was incredible, the nightlife was HOT, there were plenty of things to do...and if chose to do so, you could do nothing at all....
    I've been back several times and I have never had a bad experience.

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    How about Trinidad and Tobago? anybody know anything about them?

Leave a comment:

• CopInNY
    replied
    Cozumel, Barbados, Aruba, Bermuda, Key West, Cancun, St Maarten, St Croix. They're all "tropical" and all have something nice to offer. If it's quiet you're looking for, St Maarten and St Croix would be your best bet. Have fun

Leave a comment:

• Tprspouse
    replied
    Jellybean:

A LOT is planned on a ship, but you don't have to do a darn bit of it if you don't want to. You can lay on the deck 24/7 with a drink in your hand if you want. I went to just about everything that was planned, except for Captain's night. I don't like to dress up in gowns. I have good etiquette, but I felt fake and out of place.

My favorite was the knobby knee contest, newlywed game and yes.....hairiest chest contest (no, I didn't enter it! LOL)

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tprspouse:
    I visited Cozumel, but it was for a short time. I was on a cruise. I went this past summer and I loved it.

Someone at work tonite also said it was beautiful, and Aruba and Curacao (sp?) were also suggested. As was the virgin islands and Bermuda.

The reasons i dont care for a cruise is 1. hundreds of people on them are getting that virus...yuk [Eek!] 2. i dont like activities that are planned for me...i like to CHILL out. 3. i dont want to spend alot of time at sea on the ship. Altho AutumnA, if you visited all those places, that does sound nice. did you have to sleep on the ship every nite you were at ports? I WOULD do the Alaska cruise for sure, and i hope to someday.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I haven't been to them in a great number of years but Hawaii, Fiji, and Tahiti were fun.

Leave a comment:

• Godside
    replied
    Yeahhhhhhhh. I'm getting married in May and we are going on a 4-Day cruise. We'll be hitting Cococay and Nassau in the Bahamas and we have one of the "Upper-Class Room." It will be my first time to hit a cruise, muchless the Bahamas. Send presents to...

Leave a comment:

• AutumnAngel
    replied
    I know you don't want to do a cruise JB, but in my opinion it was the BEST vacation I have ever taken. We went to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Nassau, Bahamas. It was so exotic -- There are so many activities on the cruise line that you don't have time to think about anything else except relaxing and having fun. That is why I enjoyed it so much.

But yeah, I think someone else mentioned St. Maarten and St. Thomas -- They are both really cute little islands; we had a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by PeacefulDragon:
    If you're looking for quiet and not too touristy, then I'd highly recommend it. This was exactly what we were looking for, and we had a great time (of course, being on our honeymoon helped, but still I'd go back, even without getting married again [Wink] ).

Yeah, quiet is good. a nice beach, some drinks, and some peace and quiet. and i will be going with a guy, but we're just friends... hey if its a real romantic place, who knows [Wink]

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3563 users online. 216 members and 3347 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X