300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropical Vacation

I would like to hear people's experiences of "island" vacations, and what places are the nicest.

I am going to plan a trip in a couple months and i want to figure out what place i would like best. i like quiet, i dont need a ton of activities. i dont really want to do a cruise. my sister has been to lots of islands so i will use her experiences too. the most tropical place i've been is Key West

Thanks.
    "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

I like St.Martin/St.Maarten. It's like getting two islands for the price of one. One side of the island is French and the other side is Dutch.
    Bill R

Comment

My wife and I honeymooned at a time-share on Abaco Island in the Bahamas. If you're looking for quiet and not too touristy, then I'd highly recommend it. This was exactly what we were looking for, and we had a great time (of course, being on our honeymoon helped, but still I'd go back, even without getting married again [Wink] ).
      "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

I visited Cozumel, but it was for a short time. I was on a cruise. I went this past summer and I loved it. If I had more time to spend there, I am sure I'd like it even more. LOTS of things to do like scuba diving, off road Jeep, there are some kickin places like Carlos and Charlies, etc. etc. Shops.... The beaches are GORGEOUS. I took this one picture that I'll get scanned so I can show you. It'll give you some idea of just how tranquil it is. <----I used a big word! LOL
        "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by PeacefulDragon:
          If you're looking for quiet and not too touristy, then I'd highly recommend it. This was exactly what we were looking for, and we had a great time (of course, being on our honeymoon helped, but still I'd go back, even without getting married again [Wink] ).

Yeah, quiet is good. a nice beach, some drinks, and some peace and quiet. and i will be going with a guy, but we're just friends... hey if its a real romantic place, who knows [Wink]
          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

I know you don't want to do a cruise JB, but in my opinion it was the BEST vacation I have ever taken. We went to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Nassau, Bahamas. It was so exotic -- There are so many activities on the cruise line that you don't have time to think about anything else except relaxing and having fun. That is why I enjoyed it so much.

But yeah, I think someone else mentioned St. Maarten and St. Thomas -- They are both really cute little islands; we had a lot of fun.
            Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

Yeahhhhhhhh. I'm getting married in May and we are going on a 4-Day cruise. We'll be hitting Cococay and Nassau in the Bahamas and we have one of the "Upper-Class Room." It will be my first time to hit a cruise, muchless the Bahamas. Send presents to...

Comment

I haven't been to them in a great number of years but Hawaii, Fiji, and Tahiti were fun.
                " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Tprspouse:
                  I visited Cozumel, but it was for a short time. I was on a cruise. I went this past summer and I loved it.

Someone at work tonite also said it was beautiful, and Aruba and Curacao (sp?) were also suggested. As was the virgin islands and Bermuda.

The reasons i dont care for a cruise is 1. hundreds of people on them are getting that virus...yuk [Eek!] 2. i dont like activities that are planned for me...i like to CHILL out. 3. i dont want to spend alot of time at sea on the ship. Altho AutumnA, if you visited all those places, that does sound nice. did you have to sleep on the ship every nite you were at ports? I WOULD do the Alaska cruise for sure, and i hope to someday.

Comment

Jellybean:

A LOT is planned on a ship, but you don't have to do a darn bit of it if you don't want to. You can lay on the deck 24/7 with a drink in your hand if you want. I went to just about everything that was planned, except for Captain's night. I don't like to dress up in gowns. I have good etiquette, but I felt fake and out of place.

My favorite was the knobby knee contest, newlywed game and yes.....hairiest chest contest (no, I didn't enter it! LOL)
                    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

Cozumel, Barbados, Aruba, Bermuda, Key West, Cancun, St Maarten, St Croix. They're all "tropical" and all have something nice to offer. If it's quiet you're looking for, St Maarten and St Croix would be your best bet. Have fun

Comment

How about Trinidad and Tobago? anybody know anything about them?

Comment

jellybean-
                          I LOVE Cancun! The resort that I stayed at had drinks service on the beach. They came out to take your order and brought your drinks to you. They would also warn you if you were starting to burn and would bring a sun umbrella over.
                          The food was incredible, the nightlife was HOT, there were plenty of things to do...and if chose to do so, you could do nothing at all....
                          I've been back several times and I have never had a bad experience.

Comment

That sounds great! thanks TG

Comment

The only Trinidad and Tobago is the one I hear about in the miss universe pageant. "Miss Trinidad and Tobago". LOL

TG, can't you tell if you're burning? DUH LOL j/k But, that was pretty nice of them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5790 users online. 351 members and 5439 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X