300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball

Ok, guys. Baseball season is around the corner. Which team is yours and which team do you see in the World Series?

I think the Yankees will pull it off this season.
    "I pity da foo. Stop yo jibba jabba!!"

Blue Jays are my team, but I'm a baseball fan and just love to see a great game, no matter who is playing (well except the Red Sox...).

Comment

i'm just glad to see spring training starting up because that means warmer weather is coming soon (I HOPE!!!)

as for me i've been a Pittsburgh Pirate fan my whole life. we haven't had a winning season since the last NL East Championship in '92 (stupid franciso cabrera and the hated atlanta braves!! )

this year i'd settle for at LEAST a .500 season. anything better would be gravy.

i have DirecTV and get the MLB package every year so i'm usually flipping between the Pirates and the other 5-10 games that are on almost every night during the season.
      I'll post, You argue.

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by nickg:
        warmer weather is coming soon (I HOPE!!!)

Ya know....I just can't wait til summer starts...it's just been way too cold. Hopefully, this summer wouldn't be as hot and humid as last summer. Do you all remember the hotness last summer? I mean, it was dreadful. I had difficulty breathing for crying out loud.

[ 02-12-2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Code Kodi ]
        "I pity da foo. Stop yo jibba jabba!!"

Comment

Indians, always, even when they suck. Hopefully I'll make it up there to see a game at Jacob's Field before I have to leave Kentucky. Maybe they'll even win.

Mike
          "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

I want them all to win the world series, as it would be fair and just, since most of em have had such rough childhoods, ya know like those nfl guys. heheh

Comment

Like it's even a question, it is so obvious that the Dodgers will win the WS this year.

Barring that, I

Comment

I am a Brewers fan. I hope they can make it over .500 this year. It seemed like Sexson was the only player that they had all season last year. I hope that Jenkins' arm has had time to heal after going out with an ankle injury. Hopefully Sanchez keeps the speed that he had last season. A little bit of coaching should eliminate the mistakes that he made on the base paths last year. With a little bit of run support, Ben Sheets should have a good season. I think it will be possible for him and Rusch to win 15+ games. If these 5 players along with Hammonds can have a good season, I think the Brewers will greatly improve over last year.

Here are my predictions for this year.
                ALCS Twins and Yankees.
                NLCS Diamondbacks and Cardinals

World Series will be Twins and Diamondbacks. The Diamondbacks will take the series.

I can't wait for baseball to get going again. My wife on the other hand sure did cheer when the world series was over.
                Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by metp1264:

Here are my predictions for this year.
                  ALCS Twins and Yankees.
                  NLCS Diamondbacks and Cardinals

World Series will be Twins and Diamondbacks. The Diamondbacks will take the series.

You got the Twinkies going to the Series so I guess I can overlook you being from Green Bay They haven't done much this off season but hopefully one of the young guys will stand out and come up with a big bat. They've really go to put up some more runs if they're going to go far in the post season.

Being an Ohio native I grew up rooting for the Reds but I kind of quit following them for several years. I still hope for them to do well but I don't think I could name any starters except for Griffey.
                  On the wings of a dove
                  Let's roll for justice
                  Let's roll for truth
                  Let's not let our children grow up
                  Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Code Kodi:
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by nickg:
                    warmer weather is coming soon (I HOPE!!!)

Ya know....I just can't wait til summer starts...it's just been way too cold. Hopefully, this summer wouldn't be as hot and humid as last summer. Do you all remember the hotness last summer? I mean, it was dreadful. I had difficulty breathing for crying out loud.
                    after 20 straight days of BELOW freezing temps last month -- then we had 2 days above 32 degrees -- NOW we've had about 10 days BELOW freezing temps AGAIN!!! it MIGHT get in the mid 30's this coming sunday or monday.

i will personally smack the first person who complains about how hot it is when summer comes!!
                    30 DAYS OF BELOW FREEZING TEMPS SO FAR THIS YEAR.....30 DAYS!!!!!!!!

don't b!tch when it's 90 degrees out!!! at least when it's hot out you can just turn on the AC in the house or car, or go somewhere where it's cool, or jump in the pool, or take a cool bath or shower.

at least when it's hot out cities, schools, and functions don't come to a screaching halt. people don't get all "holed" up inside. streets and roads aren't closed because they are impossible to drive on. no salt trucks or road crews.

at least when it's hot out YOU can make the decision of whether you want to sit outside or not. YOU can dictate what you want to do outside, not the weather dictating what you can or cannot do outside.

i'd rather mow the lawn than shovel snow. i can turn on OR off the AC instead of having the furnace going constantly!!

I HATE WINTER!!!!!

ok...rant mode off. now let's get back to talking about baseball.

Yanks will win in the AL. the Twins will make noise. the Angels won't repeat as champs. in fact the Athletics will probably win that division this year. the Indians will continue their downward spiral. they had their run now it's time to suck again for the next 20 years. the Red Sox are STILL the Red Sox. the White Sox are too inconsistent. everyone else in the AL are mediocre at best.

Cards will win in the NL -- IF they get some pitching. if not then it's a toss up. but the Giants will NOT repeat as NL champs this year. and the Dodgers will be mediocre again this year. the Braves will win their division and then CHOKE in the playoffs as usual. the Diamondbacks have Schilling and Johnson and that's about it. Philly could surprise everybody this year -- they got some bats but once again, if they don't get any pitching then forget it. the Cubs are STILL the Cubs. the Mets won't do anything. the Astros are getting old. everyone else in the NL are mediocre at best.
                    I'll post, You argue.

Comment

NickG....amen on the warm weather. I tend to agree with most of your predictions.

jarhead.... the Twins are fun to watch. Hunter is exciting.

Sig Kodi... I don't think the Yankees are going to pull it off....they might buy if off. I heard the Yankees are going to buy Fenway Park. That way they can play home games there too. I think I can get away with Yankee Bashing because my Dad's favorite team is the Yankees.
                      Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3122 users online. 164 members and 2958 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X