300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman

I was re-reading some old comicbooks that I have and found myself understanding the 1st thing that peaked my interest towards being a LEO....BATMAN!
    The Detective Comics were the ones I always picked up.. He didn't always get his man- look at Joker,Penguin, etc. they always got out and killed more people.. But his passion and integrity stayed the same... Just thought I'd pass that along. He was my 1st HERO

[ 02-12-2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: SDC ]

I was kinda partial to the Green Hornet.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Yeah, Batman was definitely a good "role model" type. But I have to say that I got a lot more "inspiration" in life from Catwoman.
      "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

quote:But I have to say that I got a lot more "inspiration" in life from Catwoman.

Was that inspiration or perspiration? j/k

Comment

I agree.....Batman did it for me.

Although my parents weren't killed by demented clown I do like justice, helping people, and the idea of 'making bad guys go away'.

He also had a rule: kill no one. He didn't see death as an end to crime but justice..

[ 02-12-2003, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: spaz ]
          Luke 3:14
          Then some soldiers asked him [Jesus], "And what should we do?" He replied, "Don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely–be content with your pay."

Comment

Childhood Influences On Career (in Order)

The Lone Ranger
            Batman
            Adam 12
            People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

I wanna be just like Agent Dana Scully!!! I've got the red hair!!!!

Comment

mmmmmmmmmm...........readhair.......

wait, you a chick, right?
                Luke 3:14
                Then some soldiers asked him [Jesus], "And what should we do?" He replied, "Don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely–be content with your pay."

Comment

Batman was my favorite as well. I liked him because he was human and did everything without the benefit of "superpowers"!
                  Having said that...I am eagerly awaiting the new DareDevil movie!

Comment

Oh, man, I'm glad to read this! I've always loved Batman for three reasons. One, he has a clear, clear sense of moral purpose, and right and wrong. There are good guys and bad guys, and he has no problem sorting them all out. Two, he has no super powers except for money, brains, and years of training/learning. I love Superman, but Batman can't rely on being rocket proof! Three, Batman has no problems....stretching rules in order to make sure that justice is done.

Every year, I use some of my Christmas gift certificate money to buy a Batman collection from one of the different storylines. Every year, it's worth it.

[ 02-12-2003, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Xanthorius ]
                    I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

Oh, she a chick alright...
                      People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6288 users online. 346 members and 5942 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X