300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LET GO

HEY GUYS HOW IS EVERYBODY I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR AWHILE.ANYWAY HERE IT GOES IAM A CORRECTION OFFICER FOR THE STATE OF GA AND I WENT IN TO WORK TODAY AND WAS CALLED INTO THE DIRECTOR'S OFFICE AND HE TELLS ME THAT MY PROBATIONARY PERIOD ENDS NEXT FRIDAY,AND HE HAS CHOOSEN TO SEPERATE ME FROM EMPLOYEMENT.NOW OF COURSE I WAS FLOORED, SO I ASK HIM WHY HE TELLS ME HE WOULD RATHER NOT SAY.I HAVE HAD TWO PERFORMANCE REVIEWS IN THE LAST YR WITHOUT ANY NEGATIVE POINTS.HOW DO THEY THINK U R GOING TO APPLY FOR A JOB WHEN U DON'T WHY U LOST THE LAST ONE???????

[ 02-07-2002: Message edited by: swatdoc ]

DON'T TAKE ANY CALL FOR GRANTED IT WILL GET YOU KILLED

Welcome to the forum. A loss of a job is hard to accept at times but it can also be a blessing in some ways. I would take the experiance you have and go apply at the local jails or sheriffs offices and see if you can get a more local job that you do not have to drive as far to get to. You can also look into tenn. state corrections see if they have any openings that you would be qualified for. I would not let the fact that you were let go get you down look at it as a learning experiance and better yourself because of it. Second thing of note try not to talk in all capital letters it is really hard to read and is considered yelling on the internet.

Klar
    Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

My spider senses are going off here.

SwatDoc, I'm not calling you a liar when I say this, but something smells fishy here.

You were let go at the end of your probationary period, and they wont give you a reason why? And to top it all off you had two performance appraisals with no negative comments.

It seems to me like there may be other reasons you were let go, and if there are, I'm also quite certain you know those reasons. If this isn't the case, I apologize in advance, I really dont mean any harm, but what you have said doesnt make sense.

In any case, I wish you all the luck in the world on the job hunt.

Comment

Is there something else to all of this?

[ 02-07-2002: Message edited by: Sparky ]
        -Sparky

Comment

Something else has to be wrong in this case.
          Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Originally posted by swatdoc:
            HEY GUYS HOW IS EVERYBODY I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR AWHILE.ANYWAY HERE IT GOES IAM A CORRECTION OFFICER FOR THE STATE OF GA AND I WENT IN TO WORK TODAY AND WAS CALLED INTO THE DIRECTOR'S OFFICE AND HE TELLS ME THAT MY PROBATIONARY PERIOD ENDS NEXT FRIDAY,AND HE HAS CHOOSEN TO SEPERATE ME FROM EMPLOYEMENT.NOW OF COURSE I WAS FLOORED, SO I ASK HIM WHY HE TELLS ME HE WOULD RATHER NOT SAY.I HAVE HAD TWO PERFORMANCE REVIEWS IN THE LAST YR WITHOUT ANY NEGATIVE POINTS.HOW DO THEY THINK U R GOING TO APPLY FOR A JOB WHEN U DON'T WHY U LOST THE LAST ONE???????

Comment

The part about not being given a reason I could believe. That is not uncommon in an 'at will' enviornment. Usually however, the previous performance evaluations will indicate something of a negative nature or at least state needs improvement or not meeting standards.

In our agency ,after one year an employee is tenured and it takes an act of congress to discharge them barring some glaring defects.

Prior to one year we will let a person go and simply state...

"You do not meet the needs of the department"

Being an at will employee for the first year, this is all that is required. HOWEVER...if a reason is cited, then that is a "for cause" discharge and is arguable in court by the discharged employee.

Sometimes there is method to the madness.

That's another reason that a big flag goes up when we see one year employment on an application. It's like saying, "I got bounced."
              "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

First thanks for the replys and i agree with everbody.If i was reading this i would be saying the samething,but I AM TRULY BEING HONEST HERE When i say if i have done somthing i dont no what. I would'nt have posted a message if i wasen't being.Both of my evals were perfect Hell two months ago i was promoted to intake specalist and the next thing i know i am being sent home. The dept.Is facing huge buget cut backs maybe thats it but if so i wish they would have said just that

Comment

Hey Swatdoc,

It still doesn't surprise me what the State of Georgia does...or should I say doesn't do for its employees. As a former agent with the State of Georgia (and not very proud of it) and now with the finest law enforcement agency in the nation...I know what you're dealing with and sometimes it's just better to suck it up and move on as I did.

That being said, I have to ask if you were a CO working in the adult population, or one of the CO's stuck in the Juvenile System? As part of Internal Affairs with Georgia, and having conducted countless investigations into juvenile assaults by staff members (most of them false allegations by the juveniles) I have to ask if you got caught up in something and thought you were sitting tight? That's how it happened most of the time, just when you thought you were clear..the hammer comes down. Any response?

Blue and Gold through and through! Pete

Comment

Hey Pete, welcome to the forum! Because you are a "rookie" we will let the crack about finest etc. pass for the time being. But keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with tan and green either!!!
                    6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3113 users online. 150 members and 2963 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X