300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bail Enforcement Agents

Do any of you have any experience working with your local Bail Enforcement Agents?

I recently got into the business and have enjoyed it immensely. So far I have caught ten absconders. Eight of those were hard core felons, seven were out on bond on murder charges and one was out on bond for something to do with Al-Qeada, but I'm pretty sure he was really low level. Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

I've been working solo and so far it hasn't presented a problem. Only seven of those eight hard core felons attempted to resist, but my mastery of Tang Sue Do has helped me keep every situation under control. But what I'm worried about is when I have to do a large bust, you know, like when I kick in the door of a house looking for some scrote who jumped bond and him and seven or eight of his buddies are there and they want to try and get some Glockaphile action.

So I want to approach the local LEO's and find out if they are willing to serve as my back up. When I'm fixing to kick in a door it's my scene and I got tactical command of the incident location and all, and the locals would just be serving in a support role should the need arise.

So what I really wanna know is, do you cops mind standing by as back up, just in case a BEA gets into something he might need some help with?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Support Gaston!!!!!!

There is no hunting like the hunting of man!

PM me for all your Bail Enforcement Needs!

I also make more then $7.39 an hour now!

quote:
    Originally posted by Glockaphile:

So I want to approach the local LEO's and find out if they are willing to serve as my back up. When I'm fixing to kick in a door it's my scene and I got tactical command of the incident location and all, and the locals would just be serving in a support role should the need arise.

I would suggest that you develop a relationship with the LEO's that you believe you may be working with and then ask about the backup situation. Contrary to what you posted, if they (we) are there...we have tactical command and you would just be along for the ride. If you've got reason to pick them up...more than likely so do we! But even if there weren't any active warrants...we would still control the situation. I don't know any LEO or agency anywhere that is going to put their safety in the hands of someone else that's not a fellow LEO.

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by Deputy757:
      [QUOTE]. I would suggest that you develop a relationship with the LEO's that you believe you may be working with and then ask about the backup situation. Contrary to what you posted, if they (we) are there...we have tactical command and you would just be along for the ride. If you've got reason to pick them up...more than likely so do we! But even if there weren't any active warrants...we would still control the situation. I don't know any LEO or agency anywhere that is going to put their safety in the hands of someone else that's not a fellow LEO.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate you taking the time to offer your advice.

I have developed a relationship with the locals in my area. It wasn't to tough, after all, we all do the same job.

As far as "being along for the ride", I don't think so. The bondsman hired me, I got the warrant in hand, it's my case. That supercedes your LE status and gives me tactical command of the situation. That was covered in the legals portion of BEA academy I attended.

Now if I was asking yall (local LE) to actually go in first and get the guy, sure, it's their show, not mine. But I'm the one putting the fat in the fire so to speak. I'm the one going through the door and doing all the work. The locals are just their to stand by, and more then likely won't even be needed.
      Support Gaston!!!!!!

Comment

quote:
        we all do the same job.
        Let me start off by saying, I am not a cop.

Let me continue by saying, that despite my lack of a job in the LE field, I think I can say with some certainy in response to this statement, no, you do not.

quote:
        and seven or eight of his buddies are there and they want to try and get some Glockaphile action.
        Ah, I wouldn't worry about it. If they stick true to form, only seven of 'em will resist, and you can kick their asses with your Tang Sue Do.

[ 05-22-2003, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: CrazyinaJeep ]

Comment

Hey G-Phile, why don't you grab Riggs and Murdoch to help you in your crime fighting spree.

Riggs is good with his hands/feet/forehead, and Murdoch, well, ummm, he runs around and panics alot.

Good luck. Make sure you point the muzzle of your Glock at the bad guys.

P.S. The muzzle is where the bullet comes out. However, being a mucho grande experto at san salvador you shouldn't need to break out your plastic.
          Do your best, do what is right

Comment

Glockpile;
            I'll admit I don't know your area, but I'd have to say that it's in your best interest to let cops do the cop work. Or for God's sake tell the local cops what you're doing. Twice I've found myself lookin' down the barrel with a clear front sight post centered on the "E" in BEA (that's what the guys call themselves around here, the Bail Enforcement Agency- makes 'em feel like cops, I guess). I think bail "agents" are about as valuable as a chin-mounted weed whacker. No offense, I'm sure you love the "thrill of the hunt" (as I've been told), but hey, get a real job before you kill the wrong guy, a cop (heaven forbid), or yourself.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by CrazyinaJeep:
              Let me continue by saying, that despite my lack of a job in the LE field, I think I can say with some certainy in response to this statement, no, you do not.

Ah, I wouldn't worry about it. If they stick true to form, only seven of 'em will resist, and you can kick their asses with your Tang Sue Do.

This post was meant for LE officers only please. If I ever need back up when working on a printer, I'll give you a call.

quote:
              Originally posted by IPDBrad:

P.S. The muzzle is where the bullet comes out. However, being a mucho grande experto at san salvador you shouldn't need to break out your plastic.

First of all, I'm a Grand Master pistol shooter, so I know which way to point the muzzle! Second of all, I dont know san salvadork or whatever it is your talking about. I specifically said TANG SUE DO. And my proper TANG SUE DO classificalatation is third degree black belt, not some mucho grande crap that you buy at Taco Bell!

quote:
              Originally posted by [email protected]:
              Twice I've found myself lookin' down the barrel with a clear front sight post centered on the "E" in BEA (that's what the guys call themselves around here, the Bail Enforcement Agency- makes 'em feel like cops, I guess). I think bail "agents" are about as valuable as a chin-mounted weed whacker.

Why would you want to draw down on your local Bail Enforcement Agents?? That's not a very brotherly thing to do!! Like I said earlier, were out there doin the same job, so why the hostility??

As a BEA I take great offense to your "chin mounted weed whacker" comment. In case you didn't know, I'm out there doin the real work arresting the real scum bags, so the hostility ain't really justified!

Glockaphile

(Feeling slightly unwelcome)

[ 05-23-2003, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: Glockaphile ]
              Support Gaston!!!!!!

Comment

Glockaphile

Excuse my ignorance - as you will probably be aware we don't have bounty hunters or BEA's or similar in the UK. How did you get into this line of work? Is there some form of regulation as to who can and cannot do it? What are your rights of entry and detention? And how do you go about surrendering prisoners to the proper authorities?
                I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Comment

1. this GI JOE mentality is going to get you hurt. i know several people that would make you the master of crying like a little beyotch. leave the Duke Nukem attitude at home.

2. i will not assist a bail enforcement agent. i don't make arrests for someone's monetary gain. if they have a warrant, i'll get them when i'm good and ready, and i will not turn them over to you. the warrant says "TO ANY PEACE OFFICER" of which you are not.

3. there is no such thing as you having tactical command over anything. you, my friend, are a regular citizen.

4. you kick in my door and i'll shoot you. don't you think anyone else would do the same?

5. you're going to discover that being a "BEA" is going to get you arrested, and bubba's going to get him some of that "glockaphile action."

[ 05-23-2003, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: p01ic3m4n ]

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Glockaphile:
                    As far as "being along for the ride", I don't think so. The bondsman hired me, I got the warrant in hand, it's my case. That supercedes your LE status and gives me tactical command of the situation. That was covered in the legals portion of BEA academy I attended.

Ok..scenario...you come to me to let me know that you are going to be in the area trying to apprehend this guy/gal. I do a check and find, lo and behold, there is an active warrant on the POS. Since I need a little activity of my own, I go to the address you happened to mention, along with a few of my friends, and approach the place. You come running up..and say, "Hey..wait a minute...this is my bust. Just wait till I bring him out and if I need ya... I'll call ya." You will be politely asked to stand aside and the arrest will be made by the po-lice!
                    Now...I'm not saying this is what I would do. I'm just making the point that if sworn law enforcement officers are at the scene, then it's THEIR scene. Not anyone elses! That's the way it has to be. If you check the bulletin board, I believe there was another thread about BEA and some of the experiences LEO's have had with them. Their not all angels themselves...just as in law enforcement.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by IPDBrad:

First of all, I'm a Grand Master pistol shooter, so I know which way to point the muzzle! Second of all, I dont know san salvadork or whatever it is your talking about. I specifically said TANG SUE DO. And my proper TANG SUE DO classificalatation is third degree black belt, not some mucho grande crap that you buy at Taco Bell!
                      -Glockaphile

G-phile
                      I was simply mocking how ridiculous your original post sounds, that is all. Sorry the sarcasm was lost on you.

http://www.worldtangsoodo.com/index2.asp

Please feel free to come up here and arrest some violent felonious murderers.

[ 05-23-2003, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: IPDBrad ]
                      Do your best, do what is right

Comment

Way back in the 1880-early 1900s(I'm reincarnated), I was a special agent working for the Pinkerton Agency. My most memorable exploit centered around singlehandedly capturing a ruthless band of Barbary Coast pirates that had been terrorizing merchant vessels, in spite of the U.S.'s signing of the Treaty of Tripoli.

Upon delivering those ruffians to the authorities in San Francisco, I encountered a brief difficulty in proving my identity, seeing as how I was dressed in traditional pirate garb and looking like I hadn't bathed in months(I hadn't, y' know. I was forced to adapt to my surroundings in order to blend in with the pirates, lest they catch wind of my intentions).

However, I was able to convince the local Magistrate to wire the Pinkerton home office. Upon wiring the super, double secret password...and receiving the correct response from my employer, I was released.

My efforts were so appreciated that the Governor of California later dedicated a bridge in my honor. You may have seen it, or even driven across it as you cross San Francisco Bay.

[ 05-23-2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
                        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I can promise you this, the first time a BEA tells me that he has tactical command over me he/she will watch me drive away. No offense man but there is no way I'm following the lead of a bounty hunter. There is also no way one woul be assisting me. Furthermore, if I decided to take the perp myself on my own charges, I'd arrest the BEA for obstruction if he/she interfered.
                          "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

Oh Boy, this guy reminds me of the Fred Meyer security guard who flashed me his badge to show me we were "brothers". Bounty hunters are accidents waiting to happen, especially when they have Glockaphile's mentality. Maybe he will be famous one day and be on the Discovery channel or something, won't we be impressed then.

Comment

Glockaphile
                              I'll dispense with the hostility, ok?
                              A couple years ago, I responded to a prowler call wherein the RP described 5-6 men dressed in all black carrying handguns running around the back of his house and jumping the fence into his neighbor's yard. When we got there, we made a tactical approache to the residence and saw 3 guys in all black standing in a guy's back yard. We yell at them (gunpoint) to show us some hands and one moron turns and jogs toward us with what appers to be (which it was) a gun in his right hand..At this point I'm preparing to secure my safe passage home at the end of my shift by impairing the function of the dork's major bodily organs when he yells "Hey, BEA, I've got a warrant!" Just what I'd pick to say when there are four cops pointing guns at me and I'm in a bad part of town wearing all black at night.....Luckily he had a stroke of genius and reluctantly put his gun on the ground and let us do our jobs.....this guy almost died because he wanted to play cop and didn't have the qualifications or guts to put on a real badge.
                              This is just one of many experiences I've had with BEA morons over the past four years as a cop. And we ARE NOT doing the same job. If I have a warrant which commands any PEACE OFFICER to take a person into custody, your CONTRACT is worthless. Sorry, man, you musta missed that class in the "academy." But on a positive note, if you go get a mope that needs to be taken out of state for some bail skip and I never know you were there, great! One less mope for me to have to deal with- Thank you
                              See, it's not personal. But I'm standing by the chin-mounted weed whacker comment, ok?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3111 users online. 178 members and 2933 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X