300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian school bans the word "gun"

this gets my idiots of the week award. there must be too much Labatt's in the water.

http://www.canada.com/search/story.aspx?id=de06e5e3-685b-4751-841c-fab8b263aadd

""I realize people hunt in this area, but I still don't think that warrants the teaching of this word to my daughter or any other child," said Mrs. Sousa."

but i guess teaching the words "condom" and "penis" to a 7 year old are probably all right with you.

"The word gun is synonymous with death."

yeah...so are the words "cancer" and "aids" for those who don't survive. do we quit teaching about that??

"I don't think this is an issue of political correctness. It's an issue of protecting your child from violence. Guns are violent. End of story," said Mrs. Sousa."

just the opposite. it's the epitome of political correctness and you are an idiot. END OF STORY!!

"I accomplished what I set out to do and that was to have this word removed from my daughter's spelling list."

yeah...maybe you can replace it with ***hole right next to your picture.

[ 02-11-2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: nickg ]
    I'll post, You argue.

And you didn't think we had nutbars up here too?

When their daughter becomes a teenager, these parents will be the type of people who live in total denial and are naive and oblivious to their daughter

Comment

the only thing MORE STUPID than the parent's complaint was the fact that the school went along with the idea and banned the word.

anyone who voted to go along on this ban should also be publicly flogged and humiliated.

i guarantee that if i was the school official i'd have her to shove it up her....
      I'll post, You argue.

Comment

That should make teaching History/Social Studies interesting. I can just see it now:

'The soldiers received their latest BOOM STICKS, shortly before arriving in Normandy, where they engaged Nazi troops in fierce fighting.'

See what happens when French and English intermingle?

[ 02-11-2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Aww Nick, c'mon, everybody has a penis!

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Mike Tx:
            Aww Nick, c'mon, everybody has a penis!

mike...i don't think that is QUITE correct.

my point is that the word "guns" is a no-no but showing how to put a condom on a penis (in the guise of a banana or cucumber) in school would probably be ok with her.
            I'll post, You argue.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by BigBlue:

"No my daughter couldn't be doing drugs, never, it must be something else"

Of course not she can't spell drugs.

quote:
              "No my daughter didn't steal that officer, she'd never do that, you obviously don't know how to do your job."
              If she can't spell it, you must acquit!
              Bill R

Comment

I can see this place in a few years...

"Yeah, the guy who did the bad thingy (crime) ran down that alley where the bad females (prostitutes) hang out and be careful he's got something in his hands...

Newspeak at its best. Orwell would be proud.
                I haven't felt this good since we stole the 2000 elections!--Ned Flanders

Comment

"she can't spell drugs"
                  "If she can't spell it, you must acquit!"

Comment

These are absolutely the stupidest people of all time.
                    Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Some people must have to study to be that stupid!

Comment

First Canadians have to register all their guns or face criminal penalties and now you can't use the word "gun" in a spelling list...coincidence? Is this the same Canada that tamed vast frontier? Fought with pride in WW II and Korea?

It's a FREAKIN' word for *$&% sake!!!

"A man's got to know his limitations" --Inspector Harry Callahan in Magnum Force

Comment

And the first time this poor girl comes in contact with a gun, she will be in very bad shape; either from not knowing what it is and shooting herself/someone else, or not realizing just what the man who "wants her money" is pointing at her.
                          When I was in middle school, we had a guy from the state fish & wildlife department come in and talk to us about, among other things, GUN SAFETY! Things sure can change in a short period of time.

[ 02-11-2003, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: KYGlockShooter ]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4981 users online. 270 members and 4711 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X