Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "DUDE...You're getting....JAIL!"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,78110,00.html

Don't tell me that profiling doesn't work-I've known since the first time I saw him he was a stoner.

Dell Dude Busted for Pot

NEW YORK — Benjamin Curtis, better known as "Steven," the Dell Computer pitchman, was arrested Sunday night for buying a small bag of marijuana, police said.

Curtis, a 22-year-old actor and New York University drama student famous for the phrase, "Dude, you're getting a Dell," was arraigned Monday on a misdemeanor drug possession charge. The charge assumes a suspect is not carrying more than a "use amount" -- enough to roll several marijuana cigarettes.

Police said he was arrested on New York City's Lower East Side after officers on a drug detail spotted him buying a small bag of marijuana from Omar Mendez, 19. Mendez faces drug sale and possession charges.

At the arraignment, Criminal Court Judge Ellen Coin advised Curtis that his case will be dismissed, and his record expunged, if he avoids arrest during the next year.

Asked if he understood, the Dell Dude said, "Yes, ma'am."

Outside court, Curtis' lawyer, James Moschella, said: "We are confident that at the appropriate time, the charges will be dismissed."

Curtis' portrayal of Steven drove up computer sales and spawned T-shirts, caps, and backpacks, along with Web sites and online fan clubs.
    People have more fun than anybody.

"Man, I was, like, totally stoked on the buzz, then you cops had to harsh it. What a bummer, dude."
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

"Dude.....You're gettin' a CELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DUMBASS

Comment

thats funny. Yanno a small amount of MJ is a Petty Misdemeanor here, which isnt even technically a crime.
        Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Yeah really... at least its only a misdemeanor...

i know we cant discuss drug laws here, so i'll just give it a --->

hey, it could have been worse... he could have dangled a baby from a high window and had nothing done about it! [Wink] (sorry, i couldnt resist)
          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

The charges might be dismissed but I'm willing to bet you'll never see him in another Dell commerical. Advertisers tend to be a little silly about that sort of thing.
            Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Dell has already been phasing him out of their commercials, and replacing the annoying Steven with the even more annoying "Dell Interns"

I've only seen Steven in one new commercial since the "Interns" debuted, and only to accept delivery of a new computer that they somehow helped to put together or something.

You can still read about Steven on their website:

Dell Dude

Comment

Yeah i think his contract was already up. and i hate "the interns!"
                "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Everything I've read or heard about this deal ends up saying that the judge will dismiss the charges if he "avoids" arrest in the next year. What does that mean...run & get away? What's wrong with them saying he received probation & the sentence will be dismissed if he doesn't violate the law anymore? Small matter of semantics but it just bothers me how it's said. Almost like they're saying, well, he's somebody, so just don't get caught.

Comment

Sounds like a program we have here called diversion. On the first offense for simple possession, the defendant pleads guilty. He then has to complete drug counseling and if he completes the diversion, pays the fees and avoids arrest for a drug offense for the one-year period, the plea is withdrawn and the charge dismissed. A person only gets diversion once; subsequent arrests result in prosecution.
                    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Re: the interns....

The ONE blonde female is kinda yummmmmmmmy!
                      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

So Steven's got his page - where's the link to the interns???

AvgJoe
                        Be careful, kids. Daddy's summer car is like the Ark of the Covanent - if you touch it, you will surely die.

Comment

Yes, shooter, I was just about to say that. Unfortunatly they seem to focus on the annoying guy who acts like a doofus, and not the little hotty...

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by shooter1201:
                            Re: the interns....

The ONE blonde female is kinda yummmmmmmmy!

I'll second that.

Comment

It think that Steve's been yanked from the Dell site.

Dude, you're getting sacked!

[ 02-13-2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: On Paper ]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4622 users online. 302 members and 4320 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X