300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's STILL snowing here!

It snowed all day yesterday and as I write this it is still snowing here. This the most snow I have ever seen here in Fort Worth. I got about 5 inches last night. Has anyone else around this area ever got that much? Just curious.

I tell you Mike, I live in Houston, and you're the lucky ones. We never get snow down south. Meanwhile, up here In PA, it's getting hotter and the snow from the storm the other day is almost gone. It's just not fair. No matter where I go, the snow is somewhere else.

Tex
    KD5HQD

Comment

No snow, just sun and blue sky up here in the N/E. It's 45 degrees but you can't have everthing.
      " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

We had some reported light flurries during the pre-dawn hours but no recordable amounts here in East Texas. Just as well, would have caused too many wrecks.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTx:
          I got about 5 inches last night. Has anyone else around this area ever got that much? Just curious.
          O.K. I GOTTA ask... Mike, What are you implying? ROFLMAO!!!
          " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

After posting that, I realized that might bring out the perverts!

Comment

And to think I live in a northern state because I like to see the snow and enjoy the changes in the seasons. I am thinking that maybe I need to move to another part of the country to get my seasons once again. This keeps up and all the snowbirds will be coming here to spend the winters LOL

Klar
              Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTx:
                I got about 5 inches last night. Has anyone else around this area ever got that much? Just curious.
                Not lately...even that sounds impressive right about now.. lmao
                "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by klar:
                  I am thinking that maybe I need to move to another part of the country to get my seasons once again.
                  You can come visit me in Jersey. we have the seasons...even if everything else is pretty rotten lol

i'm liking your posts tonite.. you're right on the money. not that i dont normally like them.. just more so tonite! i think i needed some good reading

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
                  "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by jellybean40:

Not lately...even that sounds impressive right about now.. lmao
                    Hmmmmmmmmmm

Mike, we sent the snow your way when we were done with it.

By noon today, all signs of snow were gone. If everything that fell yesterday had stuck, we probably would have had about 6 inches
                    Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

I hate working in snow. The dumbies around here do not know how to drive on snow/ice covered roadways.

We got about five inches of snow in my part of the northeastern part of the Metroplex.

I'll take working in 100 degree heat over working in a snow storm anyday. Summer cannot come soon enough for me.

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: Evnings ]
                      RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

LOL I was in Jersey once (ok twice but the second time was by accident,LOL). The only thing I really did not like about Jersey is the fact that you have to pay to get out of it. I mean why not put warning signs on the New York and Penn. side that warn people from out of state that is you cross this bridge is gonna cost you to get back? I made a mistake on turning on the wrong road in downtown philly and ended up in Jersey and it cost me $7 to get back across that one bridge. Now that suxed big time. LOL I liked the state and there was nothing wrong with it but I am not sure I am right for the Northeast. I think I would be running over someone soon LOL. I did however enjoy driving around in downtown mahattan in middle of rush hour. It was nice to be able to understand what the person yelling at you was saying for a change LOL.

Klar
                        Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Oh good, we're talking about snow. It's about time someone talked about snow. We have, oh, two feet, I think. We had people without power for a week. We had a cute storm recently of snow and ice and rain and over 50 car accidents involving people who simply couldn't figure out that you stay home in those conditions.

No sun, either. I'm thinking someone issued a law against the sun.

My fault for living in Maine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4856 users online. 297 members and 4559 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X