Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women can now jog naked! Who wants to go for a run? YEOW!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women can now jog naked! Who wants to go for a run? YEOW!

Judge allows naked jogging
    http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSWeirdNews02...ogging-ap.html

BANGOR, Maine (AP) -- A judge has ruled that two undergraduates at the University of Maine did not violate the state's indecent conduct law by jogging naked.

Debra Ballou, of Island Falls, and Kathryn Mann, of Fayetteville, N.Y., won the case without hiring a lawyer and by asking just one question of the prosecution's only witness.

Maine law states that people are guilty of indecent conduct only when they "knowingly expose their genitals in public."

Ballou, 20, asked the arresting officer whether he saw her genitals Nov. 2.

"Not that I recall," replied Orono police officer John Ewing.

"That's all I have," Ballou told the court.

Judge Jesse Gunther, of the 3rd District Court in Bangor, then ruled that a woman naked in the street is not an indecent act under Maine law because a woman's genitals are primarily internal.

Gunther grinned slightly as he said, "I would assume the Legislature will probably be addressing this issue."

Now there's a court decison I can stand behind!!! God love our young, nubile co-eds out there for the pushing the edge of the laws for us and seeing just what is right and wrong!

Comment

I love it! Maine has some of the best laws...another reason i want to move there!
      "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

But will they impose laws to make the ugly ones keep their clothes on? FLLawdog, can you imagine what would happen if some of your state's more liberal, blue-haired, retirees thought it was a good idea to follow suit.

Comment

Jogging naked in November in Maine?? Ooooeee, That's a not guilty just for doing it!! LMAO...
          I wonder if they went by Stephen King's house and if he'll write a book about it?
          " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by THE BRONZE:
            FLLawdog, can you imagine what would happen if some of your state's more liberal, blue-haired, retirees thought it was a good idea to follow suit.
            I can see the headlines now:

"SNOWBIRD BLINDED BY FLYING BOOB!"

or

"SNOWBIRD SUFFERS DISLOCATED KNEECAP BY FLYING BOOB!"

Don't imagine you would have too many of the blue haired crowd doing this for very long!
            6P1 (retired)

Comment

wele\l ... I've never been much of a runner / jogger, but with decisions like that, I may have to start ...
              I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Comment

oooohhh ok...now I know how Dolly Parton got those two black eyes when I saw her on TV.

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: BRICKCOP ]
                Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

I heard that on the radio.

Just when I thought that there was no common sense left in a courtroom, they suprise me with a reasonable decision.

Comment

hmmm...November 2...northern Maine...frigid...no shirts on...now that is a court decision to hang ones hat on.
                    "are you going to bark all day little doggie or are you going to bite"

Comment

That decision needs to be in Florida, where it will matter more than 2 weeks out of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderWoman:
                        Women can now jog naked! Who wants to go for a run? YEOW!
                        Ok, I cant believe no one else on this board has jumped all over the intro to this thread.

YES I WANT TO GO FOR A RUN!!!!!!!! I HAVE MY JOGGING SHOES ON RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Comment

I saw it, but I need more incentive than a naked woman to go jogging in the snow.

I can sit in the climate controlled nudie bar

Comment

You know....it's snowing today....and I *do* need to keep working on getting in shape for the physical requirements of the process... only thing is, I might poke someone's eye out. Oh well, sweatshirt and running pants it is.

Prolly can't do that in Kentucky anyway.

Cheers and Nips,
                            Piper

Comment

In KY, you have to wear a shirt.......just not shoes

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4461 users online. 193 members and 4268 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X