Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My daughter was followed home tonight.....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My daughter was followed home tonight.....

She was returning from a softball game in which her bf played. As she turned onto our road, she met a vehicle. This vehicle, upon passing her, turned around and followed her INTO our driveway, all the way up to the house. Yeah, I know....'NEVER lead someone to your house.' She's only 18, so I can overlook that. Fortunately, she called me on her cellphone and 'dad' met her on the front porch.

The vehicle(late model Ford F-150, dark in color with 'green marker lights' on the hood) came to a stop upon being greeted by my 120 lumens SureFire striking its windshield. It backed up and left w/o any further confrontation. Due to the light rain and distance, I wasn't able to get tag info.

So...I called the Sheriff's department, ID'd myself and requested increased patrol for the area, after giving them the details and vehicle description.

Then I gave my daughter my loaded S&W 640, telling her to NOT leave the house w/o it.

Now to get the dogs and go double check my 300 yard long, wooded drive to make sure 'they' haven't come back.

What a time NOT to have my patrol car sitting in my driveway....
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Makes ya think doesnt it?

I got followed home once when I was about 17.. Some guy who was obviously on crack decided he didnt like me driving, and followed me for about 15 minutes through the back streets of london, speeding up then slamming his breaks on every few seconds, kinda threatening my car.

Anyway I was young and stupid so I did drive home and tried to park, and he positioned himself so close behind me that I couldnt reverse park, so i drove to the end of the street, had a shouting match with him, and then had him try to drag me out of my car. At that point I threw my door open to put a couple feet between us, and he was met by an orange metal Steering wheel lock in his nose. He got back in his car and drove.

I got a full plate, and reported it but never heard anything.

Comment

No offense, but what was your daughter doing without the S&W 640 in the first place?

I'm exaggerating, of course, but I have a vague idea of how you must feel. Hailey (my wife) starting carrying ten minutes after she turned 18, and for two years prior to that, she had someone around her (usually me) who was armed. The details would be exceptionally boring, but I have an idea of where you're at.

If you want to borrow that AR, let me know.
      I haven't felt this good since we stole the 2000 elections!--Ned Flanders

Comment

My wife was with her. My wife carries a Beretta Tomcat .32ACP.
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

People are nuts these days!

Not to make light of this situation, but we had a rash of car wash abductions around here several years ago. Man, I did some heavy-duty trolling but NO ONE ever tried to abduct me. Lolly-gagging in the WalMart parking lot didn't work either. I guess I don't look enough like "HUA Prey" material. [Wink]

Comment

Three words: "Aerosol defense spray"

Not the cheap stuff.. the GOOD stuff.
            -Sparky

Comment

On my way in to work this morning, I met the suspect vehicle(occupied by 2 white male juveniles)...'chasing'(Following Too Closely would be the charge) another car. So...I did a 180* and caught up with it, getting the tag number, which I passed on to the Sheriff's department. I then called MY dispatch and got the '28' info. Seems it's a 'kid' that lives not too far from me.

I hope he has fun with his 'game, 'cause if I catch him on my property again, his summer vacation plans will change significantly....

Comment

On a lighter but related note, in high school, I had some friends pull a similar prank on me. They were driving a car I wasn't familiar with, and man, I thought I had ****ed off some gang members or something. At one point they got a good look at my face, I guess. They said it was a sight to behold, I look terrified!

Of course, since I was in high school and stupid, I led them on a terrifyingly fast chase and finally lost them, never knowing it was just my buddies being idiots. We're lucky nobody got hurt, but I was pretty frightened- back then I wasn't very confrontational, I had no cell phone and no personal defense other than escape and evasion [Wink] Ah, high school. Hopefully I get less dumb every year
                I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

Ref: Xanthorius

People ought to know better. A summer back, I noticed a white car I was unfamilair with coming up a bit fast behind. Because of sun glare, I couldn't tell who was driving...

I pulled a fast U turn on a stretch of road, and when they followed I went from Yellow to Orange in a heart-beat. I pulled off the side of the road at the fair-grounds, as I saw a PD cruiser and there was ready cover.

The unknown white car pulled up behind me fast, and stopped. I was out the door, with my wife on the other side doing the same, when my cousin in law pops out of the car.

He was up from Georgia, recognized my car, and decided to follow. I da*n near killed him anyway, just for the shock my heart had taken.

People need to use their brains for something other than girl-processors.

Shooter:

I like Mrs. Shooter.

Comment

There's nothing I like more than having the police car in the driveway when hubby's away. He laughs, but I think it makes a pretty good deterrant.

Here's where my opinion will differ from most, if not all, of you. My daughter will not carry a gun when she's 18 unless she's living on her own. I still feel that age is too young. Not because she wouldn't know HOW to use it, but how to defend herself against someone who may try and take it from her. I agree more with using pepper spray and/or paying attention to your surroundings and not leading someone to your home. Nothing against your daughter Shooter (I am talking about mine here)If she leads someone to my home, then she obviously doesn't have enough awareness and/or common sense to be carrying a weapon. Now, granted, not everyone will see someone following them but chances are you will notice that something is up and that's when a slight change of direction and trip to the police station is in order.

This is just my opinion.

[ 05-21-2003, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]
                    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

Looking back on it, WHERE was she expected to go? She was on OUR road, 1/2 mile from home. We live IN THE STICKS. The nearest town is 16 miles away.

Comment

Can some Texas cops help me out here ? Don't you have to be 21 in Texas to carry concealed ?

If you only have to be 18 I'm gonna be really ****ed at myself.
                        There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Steven Wright

Comment

She's 18, at HOME with my S&W640. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

quote:
                            Don't you have to be 21 in Texas to carry concealed ?
                            Heh heh heh. I love my home.

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Rimfire:
                              Can some Texas cops help me out here ? Don't you have to be 21 in Texas to carry concealed ?

If you only have to be 18 I'm gonna be really ****ed at myself.

Sorry, Rimfire, it is 21: http://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/NASApp/txdps/chl/common/jsp/welcome.jsp
                              Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5371 users online. 338 members and 5033 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X