300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation to SC

I'll be vacationing to South Carolina in June, and was wondering if any of our fine, upstanding members here have ever visited. I'll be mainly in the Myrtle Beach area. What is the main drag? Key West has Duval Street, New orleans has Bourbon Street. What is Myrtle Beachs version of this? Also, can anyone recommend any good places to stay thatare right on the water? A friend told me to Stay on Ocean Blvd, but I looked it up, and it's quite a large road. I would rather be within walking distance of everything, but we'll see. I may need to be close so I can crawl back to the hotel at the end of the night. [Wink]

Also, if any of our members here want to tag along, or meet us there, toss me a PM, and I'll give you the dates and pertinent information.

If you can, try and get to Charlston. Its a very pretty city with beautiful Architecture and lots of History. Fort Sumter is worth a visit as is Patriotic Point Naval museum/park where they have the Yorktown and some other excellent exhibits.
    As for Eating go to Sticky Fingers 235 Market St for delicious ribs.
    Beaufort is another pretty town on the coast.

Comment

Last time we were in Myrtle we stayed at The Kinston Plantation. It was on the pricey side, but very nice & right on the water.
      "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

quote:
        I'll be mainly in the Myrtle Beach area.
        Jay, If you wish to see 2000 drunk teenagers, just report for work on those nights and send me the money you'd use on vacation! [Wink]

The main area is the area around the "Pavillion" but I can't recall the name (might be Ocean Drive or Ocean Blvd.) I gave up on MB years ago-too many drunk kids who think they are all God's gift to the opposite sex.

Lookup "Broadway At The Beach"- that's a nice place to shop and spend a day at also while there.

[ 05-20-2003, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: SGT Dave ]
        People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

yea, ocean blvd is the teen hangout but it is pretty cool considering i'm only 23. You may want to check out Broadway at the Beach. It is within minutes of the beach and it is really cool. They have a lot of shops/restaurants. That is where the hard rock cafe is along with planet hollywood. I'm sure they have a website if you search for it. Also, in north myrtle beach you have Barefoot Landing. It along the same line. If you go there, you have to eat a restaurant called "Dicks." It's where they yell at you..it's an experience. Hope this helps out,

later,

jamie

Comment

Never been to M.B., even though that was the big vacation spot for everyone I grew up with. From what my wife has said, Holden Beach is far better if you like to get away when you take your vacations. It's away from the hustle and bustle, but a short drive to civilization.

Speaking of S.C., I'll be in Greeneville this weekend to see the Tim McGraw show. What's the wether like? My wife saw on a website that it was like 68 midday! Is that right and if it is, is it normal?

Comment

We sometimes get a last taste of winter in late May. It has been what some would call "Unseasonably" cool, but it really isn't "unseasonaable" for NC, since we have so many variables and so much extremes on weather.

I think it's supposed to to be cool and rainy, but this one shows mostly sunny:

http://www.thecarolinachannel.com/weather/

This is a Greenville station that USUALLY has pretty accurate weather.

I mean...if it were regular Doppler, I wouldn't trust it, but since it's SUPER Doppler...
              People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, folks. I have been to Barefoot Landing and to Dicks! I remember it like it was yesterday. I was younger, and remember looking out off the outdoor balcony, and seeing crocodiles or alligators swimming right below the balcony! I also remember the giant paper hats that the staff at Dicks put on you. I can't wait to go back!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4384 users online. 275 members and 4109 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X