Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessica
    replied

I thought Indiana's plates were BUTT UGLY but I think Kentucky has us beat.

Too funny

Leave a comment:

• Piper
    replied
    Mine is one of the first 1000 that came out.

Check your pm, who went home sick?

Leave a comment:

• wprebeck
    replied
    When did you get yours, Piper? I got mine in April '02....They hadn't been out long when I got it. Hope you're feeling better! Oh, and you're contagious.....One of you're co-workers just went home sick about 10 minutes ago.

Leave a comment:

• Piper
    replied
    Stalking you? LMAO!!!!

I had my plate before you - so who is stalking who???

Leave a comment:

• wprebeck
    replied
     -
    Hope that posted correctly.....If not, you can see ALL the license plates KY has to offer, including the LEO memorial plate at the following link:
    http://kvis-kytc.state.ky.us/KyRenewWeb/PIServlet
    Just click on special issue plates

[ 02-15-2003, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: wprebeck ]

Leave a comment:

• wprebeck
    replied
    I've got the same plate as Piper.....Actually, I got mine last year, I think she's stalking me. I starting working here at the dept 1st, as well. HELP!! [Wink]
    Anyway, I like it better than our FOP tag. Plus, when you park downtown, it doesn't get your vehicle keyed up like the FOP one does.

Leave a comment:

• Rimfire
    replied
    http://www.worldlicenseplates.com/

I think Texas has around 116 diffrent plates.

[ 02-15-2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Rimfire ]

Leave a comment:

• KCadet
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by PatrickM98:
    I'd take Indiana's plate over this one any day:

-

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself! But I so just spit all over my keyboard. I shouldn't have been drinking while reading this thread.

I like Virginia's plates. None of them look funky. Nice and mellow, but cheery.

[ 02-12-2003, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: KCadet ]

Leave a comment:

• IPDBrad
    replied
    quote:

-

Please tell me you're kidding!
    Kentucky actually used to have a good plate, the old blue/white.

The Wander Indiana plate was just awful. Before that came out we had some sort of odd rainbow at the bottom of the plate. Just plain stupid.

Our plates expire at the end of each month, based on where your name falls in the alphabet. A-B's Feb. Yes Piper, I know January comes before February, Jan is for commercial vehicles.

Last Year they decided to try something to circumvent people rushing into the license branch during the last week of each month. Split expiration dates. Now half the plates expire on the 15th, the other half at the end of the month.

The IN BMV in all there glory redesigned the monthly expiration stickers so that they are nearly impossible to see.

Ahhh Govt at work.

Leave a comment:

• Piper
    replied
    quote:

-

I'll be damned if that ever touches my car. Fawk being friendly. I have this: bear in mind this is the ONLY pic I could find of what the plate looks like. Doesn't our governor's wife look happy? *grin*

-

Leave a comment:

• Deputy Joe
    replied
    I was going to say that the KY plate looked like it was designed by someone from Wal-Mart.

Check this one out. Pro-Life license plates. Pro Life License plates

Leave a comment:

• Padres19
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by kirch:
    I'll go on record against the proliferation of specialty plates and fancy designs that are common today. I like the days when you could immediately recognize what state a plate came from just from its colors (yellow on blue - CA, black on yellow - WI, etc) Nowadays, you almost have to be at a vehicle's rear bumper to identify the state, if it's one that's not common to your area.

About six months ago I saw one that I didn't recognize. So I moved up and found that it was a plate from...Hawaii! Here in Wisconsin! I almost pulled the guy over just to hear the story on that. For the life of me, I can't imagine why you'd pay to ship a car from Hawaii to the mainland. Sure, maybe if it was some collector or specialty car. But this was on a Toyota Camry.

He was probably military.

That being said, the worst Indiana plate in recent memory (my dad and his side of the family are Hoosiers) was the Wander plates of the late 80's (I think). Ugly. The new one isn't too bad. I'm glad they change at less frequent intervals, I thought every two years was ridiculous. Since I moved to Hawaii as a kid, they have had a grand total of 3 different designs at last check.

I agree that there should be a limit. Plates don't need to be plain ol' blue and white like the old Virginia or Rhode Island tags, but they also don't have to be impossible to read like the Tennessee tags with the lilies or tulips or whatever the hell plant is on it. New Hampshire is the best "Live Free or Die".

While were at it, what the hell is up with North Carolina and 8-digit/letter tags? That's got to be fun trying to memorize. I thought California was bad with 7.

Leave a comment:

• Padres19
    replied
    Okay, I screwed this up and posted the first time w/o comments. This one needs to get deleted.

[ 02-10-2003, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Padres19 ]

Leave a comment:

• Delta_V
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by Snoopy1:
    I like the Kentucky plates. They are colorful, cheerful and would help people wake up if they are having a rough morning.

Yes, they are colorful and cheerful. That being said, I wouldn't want a license plate with a design the reminds a person of either the Tele-Tubbies or a Wal-Mart commercial.

Leave a comment:

• Snoopy1
    Guest replied
    I like the Kentucky plates. They are colorful, cheerful and would help people wake up if they are having a rough morning.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5019 users online. 308 members and 4711 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X