Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeeeeeeezzzzzzzz! Who do you believe...

...the soldiers that were THERE, or some 'spin doctor'? How about the Iraqi doctors? Yeah....let's believe THEM! Pvt. Lynch's rescue facts questioned

[ 05-20-2003, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Well, let's just say that I don't think the government would hesitate to spin the story in the best interests of the war, or morale, or what have you.

Comment

The last paragraph echoed my thoughts:

"I am very concerned that this young woman will be more traumatized by the media and critics (who will try and blame her for these inconsistencies) following her recovery," the reader, who does not wish to be named, wrote. "In other words we need a second 'Saving Private Lynch'... this one saving her from the media."

I would only add that, it isn't the media itself, but also the court of public opinion.

The media reports the news that is handed to them on a silver platter. Each of the various "information sources" have thier own agenda. There are many opportunists on each facet of this situation.

I don't trust the media to get good, reliable info. More accurately, they simply pass on rumors and gossip.

The "man on the street" is all too willing to form an opinion on issues without reliable information about them.
      -Sparky

Comment

Hard to say who to believe. Our government wouldn't lie to us, would they? [Frown]
        Retired

Comment

So they want me to believe that these soldiers who did the rescue went into a war zone with blanks?

Comment

Riddle me this: WHO stands to BENEFIT from the 'spin'?
            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
            -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

The unusual part is why would the military on such a rescue mission, take the time to film it, and why?

On the other hand, our government doesn't lie to us, and don't you forget it! [Wink]
              Retired

Comment

It's another baseless charge, rooted in the anti-American movement. If you have been reviewing other forums that devote space to the more rabid anti- people, you will see a clear pattern of slanted, biased stories that report anything that has to do with America, in a most horrible manner.

And filming the action? Cameras have always been present in war, since cameras were invented.

It's a none-news event.

Jim Burnes

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by retired:
                  The unusual part is why would the military on such a rescue mission, take the time to film it, and why?

On the other hand, our government doesn't lie to us, and don't you forget it! [Wink]

For intel purposes, to document what they saw and did, and critique after the mission. Kinda like cameras in squad cars.
                  On the wings of a dove
                  Let's roll for justice
                  Let's roll for truth
                  Let's not let our children grow up
                  Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

Jarhead,

quote:
                    Originally posted by jarhead6073:
                    quote:

For intel purposes, to document what they saw and did, and critique after the mission. Kinda like cameras in squad cars.
                    Right. and our government wouldn't and doesn't lie, do they?
                    Retired

Comment

quote:
                      Jarhead,

quote:
                      Originally posted by jarhead6073:
                      quote:

Right. and our government wouldn't and doesn't lie, do they?
                      I never said that the government wouldn't lie to us. All I said is that covert ops will film missions for the reasons stated.
                      On the wings of a dove
                      Let's roll for justice
                      Let's roll for truth
                      Let's not let our children grow up
                      Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

Don't those M16 guns have to have a blank thingie on the barrel to use blanks?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5086 users online. 317 members and 4769 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X