300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My previous remarks about police

I feel I should try to offer some kind of explanation, so for whatever that is worth, this is it.

I have been hanging around here for about 2 years or so, and apparently I was really not aware of how the police work, in certain situations, so when I came across something that I did not fit with my view I had developed of the police, from this forum, I questioned it. That would be the Cookville thing. Somehow that was taken the wrong way, but I won't get in to that as it really does not matter.

I suppose what really got me to being upset was what I took as a flagrant disregard for the rights of innocent civilians, and of course now, I realize that was not what it was. I know the whole incident was a mistake even though I do not agree with what all happened. This is my very simple explantion in regards to my outburst.

I do not hate any of you, nor do I think of you as pigs, or cowards. On an individual basis I still consider many of you "pals", if such can be had over the internet, even though you may not look at me that way.

I still don't think I will view the police collectively in exactly the same light as I had, but I suppose that is my problem. It's always sad and sometimes tragic, when the rose colored glasses fall off. I don't expect you to view me the same way, but I am still the same as I was, and you all are the same as well.

So these are my thoughts, and I do apologize to any of my "friends" that I may have caused to wonder about me, or caused them to be hurt. I still consider you that way, and I will most likely continue posting here every so often unless I am set in motion around "the bowl" again.

Thanks.

[ 02-08-2003, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Mike Tx ]

I still love you, Mikey! *hugs*

Comment

{{{{{{{{{{{{MikeTX}}}}}}}}}}}}

This show of support in NO WAY implies that we'll be taking warm showers together in the wee morning hours.
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Mike, I still love ya !!
        Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about. But for as deeply as it seems you had to dig within yourself, I felt I should toss in my input...what the heck are you talking about? Nevermind. You were right: it doesn't even matter. No-harm, no-foul.

Comment

Mike - hi m8, what's the TX mechanic part ?

I say old chap, a few years back, well the best part of 10 actually, METROPOLITAN POLICE officers were blessed with over a dozen large scale professionally organised workshops, manned by top (MET civilian) mechanics to service the MET's squad cars, vans, motorcycles .... whatever

the workshops were built ADJACENT to "traffic garages" which housed TRAFFIC PATROLS, your version of HIGHWAY PATROL I suppose, but the traffic garages put out top traffic patrol vehicles, landrovers, JAGUAR V12s, solo motorcycles

the garages EVEN had their own petrol pumps, YES top notch eh ?? We were all VERY HAPPY with these arrangements, police cars would go in for a service/repair and there was no issue of security problems, whatever you left in the vehicle (shields, first aid, manuals, whether by mistake or not) was perfectly safe

THEN - "oh we can save a buck or two here" the petrol pumps were taken out and the workshops closed down, TOTAL FLIPPING TOSH

http://www.met.police.uk/
            from your old mate
            c h i e f y
            global chiefy to yer seadog seafarin' maties

Comment

*Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooch*

Love ya Mike!

Comment

Mike. You are right about saying that some of us will never view you in the same light again.

There are just some things that cut too damn deep. I'm telling you here, publicly that I have defended you in the past. However, after that last tirade, I will not do so again.

I know that you were sort of provoked. However it just went way too far.
                6P1 (retired)

Comment

Don, I know how you feel, sir. I can live with that. You might change your mind someday.

[ 02-09-2003, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Mike Tx ]

Comment

awwww Mike, you got yourself in trouble AGAIN!

Comment

Mike, It must have been the absorbtion of petro chemical subtances through the skin that was the cause of it.... just too much Dextron. [Wink]
                      " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

You're probably right, dexron has that effect on me.

Comment

Huff'ing or drinking?
                          People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

What is huffing?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4144 users online. 257 members and 3887 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X