Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEO employment contracts

Hey everyone,
    Anyone have any advice on how to get out of a 2 yr contract. I resigned to work somewhere else, and will have put in 2 yrs at my current agency, however, the contract I signed states my 2 yr obligation starts AFTER I got out of the FTO program. My last day of work is exactly 2 yrs to the day of when I started. Didn't realize that the 2 yr "obligation" began AFTER I got through the training program. My boss says he will hold my last pay check, and my accrued vacation time, and I pay off the remainder. The contract says they can hold my last pay, vacation, and any other monies they owe me until they are paid in full. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. I contacted my union rep. and have a meeting with him in 1 week. The circumstances in which I am leaving, leaves me no room to extend the extra 120+ days to fullfill my "obligation". Feel like I am going to have to bend over and take one for them, and really don't feel like bending too far.
    Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thx,

Do you know how to spell s-c-r-e-w-e-d. Better learn it, 'cause I think that is where you are at. You might check with your friendly neighborhood schyster - er - lawyer, but I'd be surprised if you can get out of it. Need to READ those contracts before you sign on the dotted line. . .
    6P1 (retired)

Comment

What does your union contract say in reference to the pay back? If your union contract has the pay back in it then you are probably obligated to pay the money back. However if your union contract does not have the pay back in it and they negotiate for benefits and are your bargaining unit ect... then it is a mandatory subject that must be negotiated with the union and can not be arbitrarily imposed by the city/county. This all depends on your contract so you will need to read it carfully.
      "You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor."
      - James Allen

Comment

Usually you sign up front and now you are facing the blues of not paying attention or asking questions. I'm sure it is a binding agreement and as was so eloquently stated.....you're screwed.

Our labor contract requires reimbursement of uniform and training expenses prorated by the time the person stays employed. I think it is two years to walk away free.
        "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

Think you going to have to bend over on this one unfortunately.
          Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Simply put, "BOHECA!"

(Bend Over, Here it Comes Again)
            "If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead & rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing."-Ben Franklin

"Once a Marine, Always a Marine!"

Comment

Well, got an update for those of you that have no faith in lawyers. I met w/ the union attorney, and he sent me off to the 'outside' attorney. This attorney thinks the department I work for is full of it. Thinks the contract was poorly written, which it is. All about interpretation he says. (Of course) Anyway, he is working another contract issue w/ someone else in the private sector, and cites a bunch of rules and regulations that my department did not add it the contract, so all you non-believers,,,,,,,,,,,,, well, BELIEVE!!
              Appreciate the replies though. Always nice to get a supporting hand! LoL

Comment

keep us updated ...be nice to know how it turns out...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4268 users online. 237 members and 4031 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X