300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cops courage

Today, I had to take my son to get some more tests. He will have surgery in 19 days. As I sat there waiting for him, heartsick as I always am, a cop, his wife and their daughter, about 5 years old, came in. He was carrying his daughter. She was so thin but you could see he adored her and she adored her daddy.
    After a bit, the cop told the little girl he had to go to work but he would be back as soon as he got off work and he would spend the night with her.
    Then the heartbreaker. Little kids know and those that are sick are mature beyond their years. She sais, "Daddy, do you think God will want me to visit him tonight?" I could tell his heart was breaking. He replied, "I don't think so, honey. But, if he does, I will be here before it happens.". He handed her a "lucky" quaretr and told her to hang on to it. As he left, he winked at her and her mother and left. The mother looked at me and said, "He's doing better with this then I am." I told her he was very brave but he was probably not doing as well as she thought. I had seen his hands shaking when he handed her to his mother.
    I remembered thinking how brave he was. He had to leave that prescious little girl to go fight the dregs of society.
    How brave this young man was. I bet he's a wonderful cop too.
    I think all of you are brave, really, braver then I dould ever hope to be.

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Mitzi, Just to let you know there are a lot of us out here praying and wishing you the best for your son. Concerning the policeman it's just something you do that comes with the job. I remember leaving home in a middle of a hurricane to go to work knowing my wife and children were with relatives hoping they would be all right staying at home alone.
    Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

That's the stuff that tugs at your heart. I think because he was a cop it brings it closer to home. We all hold our cop duties important and sometimes the pay check is especially needed when the medical bills are rolling in. If there is a follow up to the 5 year old let us know when you update about your son. That's sad.

One of our guys lost his son to AIDS. The boy had some health problem that required a blood transfusion. He got tainted blood. I think the boy was about 11 when he died. It really gets to you.

You're in my prayers Mitzi.

GD
      "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

That is one of the saddest stories I have heard in a long time. I wonder if she really had something for which there is no cure. Sounds like she probably did.

Those of us who have healthy children don't realize how lucky we are until we hear things like that. Makes me wonder why I am so blessed and others go through experiences like that.

Comment

When your child gets sick, it doesn't just change your way if life, it changes your way of thinking. Things that seemed so inportant before my son got sick just aren't anymore. Life goes on and everyday I pray God will watch over him. He's very brave. He has a lot to go through soon and he knows it. But, he;s calm and worries only over me and his Dad. And this little girl worried only about her big, brave Dad. I'll try to find out more about her. She was awfully thin and had to be carried. But, you never know.....Sometimes kids are the bravest of anyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6313 users online. 345 members and 5968 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X