Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that make you SCREAM!

No...not THAT!

Last night, myself and another officer were in his POV, returning to radar class after dinner. At an intersection, another vehicle pulled up next to us, in which the driver was drinking a beer. The temptation to 'flash' him was almost overpowering, but alas, my Chief frowns on such. Sigh.....
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

I never woulda thunk that you was a flasher. Andacoptoboot...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTx:
      I never woulda thunk that you was a flasher. Andacoptoboot...
      What a perfect combination!!
      "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

The lady who came thru my checkout line last night. See's my hand is broke, see's me struggling to bag her groceries (lack of baggers) and finally when she sees i am hurting, happy that i am finished and going back to the register to start the next order, Demands that i bad her rose plant that obviously does not need a bag. When she has 2 teenagers that are watching me struggle and do not offer to help and capable of picking it up and carrying it out minus the bag.
        "To each his own"

Comment

Guy has his truck towed to me. I take the trans out and tear it down. It IS messed up. As I finish tearing it down he shows up, and the first thing he says is "I don't want to spend hardly any money on this thing!"

Ok, I take a breath and show him all the damage, and the burnt gears and torque converter and all the other stuff. He says he just can't spend any money on it. I wanted to ask "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU TOW IN HERE FOR?" , but I did not. I said, "Well, we can put used parts, gears, valve body, bearings, etc, and fix it for around a 1000 dollars." He says go ahead and do it.

Ok, I am stunned now, and leaning against the table, and the very next thing he says is, "So that's replacing it with all new parts right?"

Of course I said no, and repeated the previous estimate.

What is wrong with some people, anybody know?

Comment

proof that many, many, many parents did way too much LSD while pregnant....

Comment

A lady comes up to me in work and ask me, "how do you hook up two computers". She wanted her computer and son's computer to share files together.

I said, "you mean network the two together"? She say's, "oh yea, well, whatever networked"

So I told her what to buy and what she"ll need. I even wrote down thee instructions on what she must do in the operating system. And the whole time she's standing in front of me, and I'm thinking she getting everything I 'm telling her. So she say's, "great! I'll try it this weekend".

Ok...
              Now monday come's, she walks past me doesn't say one word. Tuesday same thing. So wednesday I see her and ask, "how did it go". She say's, "Well I got everything that you told me to buy, but couldn't understand your instructions".

So she said that she talked to the guy in are accounting department and he straightened out the whole thing. And this guy is the same guy that doesn't know the difference between a serial port, parallel port or USB, he's doesn't even know what a NIC is!
              Royce is a Lady

Comment

LOL that is like the people who call me and ask if airplanes are still capable of flight after it has snowed. I just want to tell them "NO I am sorry airplanes are like a lot of cars and they refuse to run after they have been covered in snow." Another one is when they drive all the way to the airport and then call me from inside the airport asking me if the airport is open?

Klar
                Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

And this guy is the same guy that doesn't know the difference between a serial port, parallel port or USB, he's doesn't even know what a NIC is!
                  I didn't know they were different. I connected my parallel plug to the perpendicular plug. It took a little ingenuity to soldier those little things that stick out to the little plastic thingy, but the cat works fine!
                  Sincerely,

Jeffrey

Comment

And this guy is the same guy that doesn't know the difference between a serial port, parallel port or USB, he's doesn't even know what a NIC is!
                    Bet you didn't know this fact. Have you heard of those new firecables? They are supposed to be HOT. At least that is what my guess would be?
                    Sincerely,

Jeffrey

Comment

Jeffrey
                      Uh... You mean firewire?
                      Royce is a Lady

Comment

People that sit in the disabled parking spots while someone else is in shopping.

People that park right in front of the grocery store in the fire lane. Notice its usually the luxury cars with the IMPORTANT people.

Getting behind someone in the express grocery lane...ten items or less cash only line. Then they have 20 items and write a check and take forever to find either a check cashing card or write it $30.00 over and then get into an arguement with the checker.

People that drive a cherry 68 GTO....
                        when I don't

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: Guard Dog ]
                        "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

Royce,

I saw an ad for one and it only costs $13.94!
                          Sincerely,

Jeffrey

Comment

Jeffrey
                            Ah...ok. Was it Belkin IEEE 1394? How many feet?
                            Royce is a Lady

Comment

Royce,

Is that IEEE thing some sort of code, because I thought it meant, "EEEEEEEEEE! It's only $13.94!"
                              Sincerely,

Jeffrey

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6534 users online. 365 members and 6169 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X