Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig220Man
    replied
    The only law enforcement magazine I subscribe to is POLICE. For those who dropped their subscription to POLICE because of the "holier-than-thou" attitude of their (now thankfully ex-) editor, I suggest you renew your subscription. The current editor, a retired San Diego cop named Roy Huntington, is far more down-to-earth, and doesn't mince words, especially when it comes to management. He reminds me of an "old-school" cop who's seen it all and done it all, and has the respect (almost to the point of worship) of the younger cops.

As far as other magazines, I subscribe to TV Guide (soon to be dropped now that I have TiVo), and Road & Track (I have an interest in cars and like to find out what's new and exciting). I used to subscribe to Car & Driver, but the increasingly anti-police rantings of writer Patrick Bedard (under the guise of "fair speed enforcement") convinced me to let the subscription lapse.

Leave a comment:

• WHC166
    replied
    Law & Order, Police, The Sporting News and oh yeah....Victorias Secret (for the art..errr pictures!!)

Leave a comment:

• Guard Dog
    replied
    Police Technology, Law and Order, Sports Illustrated, Walleye Insider, QST, Outdoor Life. and just to see if Goodgirl is paying attention "The Advocate".

Just joking......JOKING!!!!!!!

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: Guard Dog ]

Leave a comment:

• k9medic
    replied
    Plane and Pilot, Mountain Biking, AOPA Pilot, and what ever else comes around.

Leave a comment:

• SGT Dave
    replied
    Beautiful watches, BTW.

(I used to have a "watch fetish", as my friends called it-had a TAG Heuer and a Brietling. Now I never wear one, and if I do, it's my Citizen Aqualand.)

Leave a comment:

• SGT Dave
    replied
    Combat Handguns
    Guns and Weapons For Law Enforcement
    American Handgunner
    Tactical Knives

American Handgunner might be the first choice of these, as they have a wide base of readers, many that will spend $1,500 on a pistol, $500 on a knife, and yet will probably never get them dirty.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph
    replied
    APB, Time, Newsweek and yeah Playboy for the articles.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph
    replied
    APB, Time, Newsweek and yeah Playboy for the articles.

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    Flying, AOPA Pilot, Plane and Pilot, Flight Training (is there a pattern here?), American Rifleman, First Freedom (my wife is NRA also), Family Handyman, Powerlifting USA, Planet Muscle, Via (from AAA) and probably a couple others. Sometimes Soldier of Fortune for sitreps not seen in newspapers.

Leave a comment:

• Evnings
    replied
    Police, Time, National Geographic, and TV Guide.

I don't wear a watch anymore, couldn't even keep from loosing the cheap ones. I don't spend over ten dollars on sunglasses, cann't keep from loosing them either.

Leave a comment:

• nickg
    replied
    quote:
    "Cosmopolitan "

oh yeah...the enemies bible!!

i read:
    Modern Drummer (you can take the boy outta the drums but you can't take the drums outta the boy)

Sound and Vision (big boy toys for audio/video home theater enthusiasts like myself)

Law Enforcement Trainer

American Police Beat

Blue Line Magazine

the 3 listed above all come to my office here.

anyone here still read Playboy just for the articles.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Police & Police Marksman magazines.

I don't know about anyone else but, I find the chrono type of watches very difficult to read the tiny day / date window, especially at night. (yes, I wear glasses) It's bad enough that they have dials, hands, and buttons all over the place for functions one would rarely use in LE.
    The watches I own that have the "too busy" faces just sit in a box on my dresser.

I find it easier to use a digital. With the favorite being the Timex Datalink because I can read it at a glance and also download appointments, phone numbers, memos, etc, from my computer.

I only posted this as "input" and is not intended to be negative towards your product. They are in fact very nice watches.

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur
    replied
    High Times

Leave a comment:

• leedesert
    replied
    Cosmopolitan

Leave a comment:

• Sparky
    replied
    Law and Order
    Law Enforcement Technology

If I had the money, I'd subscribe to The Tactical Edge which is from the National Tactical Officer's Association. It was a great magazine.

I had to decide which one magazine I would pay for and decided on L&O. My LE Technology subscription is free. (Thanks LE Tech!)

It was the same with memberships. I realized one year that I spent several hundred dollars a year on memberships alone. Even with them being a tax deduction, I decided to let most of them lapse.

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: Sparky ]

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3514 users online. 240 members and 3274 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X