Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only law enforcement magazine I subscribe to is POLICE. For those who dropped their subscription to POLICE because of the "holier-than-thou" attitude of their (now thankfully ex-) editor, I suggest you renew your subscription. The current editor, a retired San Diego cop named Roy Huntington, is far more down-to-earth, and doesn't mince words, especially when it comes to management. He reminds me of an "old-school" cop who's seen it all and done it all, and has the respect (almost to the point of worship) of the younger cops.

As far as other magazines, I subscribe to TV Guide (soon to be dropped now that I have TiVo), and Road & Track (I have an interest in cars and like to find out what's new and exciting). I used to subscribe to Car & Driver, but the increasingly anti-police rantings of writer Patrick Bedard (under the guise of "fair speed enforcement") convinced me to let the subscription lapse.

Comment

Subscriptions:
      GWLE
      SWAT
      Combat Handguns
      Popular Mecahnics
      American Handgunner

Sometimes I also pick up interesting issues of the following:
      SOF
      G&A
      Guns Magazine
      Shooting Times
      American Rifleman
      Combat Knives
      Etc.
      Sincerely,

Jeffrey

Comment

American Rifleman
        TV Guide
        Alaska Magazine
        Law Enforcement Product News
        Numerous catalogs

Nice watches, Sir.

Wish I could afford one......
        Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Numerous catalogs
          Oh yes, I can't forget about Galls, Skaggs (I mean speedy ), Streichers, etc.
          Sincerely,

Jeffrey

Comment

I currently get only the subscriptions that come with the organizations I am with that being AMVETS and The Planetary Society. Both send me a magazine once every other month so I stay up to date on veterans issues and the great unknown universe.

Klar
            Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by nickg:
              quote:
              anyone here still read Playboy just for the articles.
              Nope...I read it for the pictures of nekkid women
              "The streets of Philadelphia are safe...it's the people that make them unsafe"---Frank Rizzo
              http://hometown.aol.com/ppd9886/PhillyCopSpot.html

Comment

I have a subscribtion to playboy, wife don't like it much. Articles are gooood. I get Law enforcemnt technology at office as well as Police and LAw & Order.

Comment

a bit tad on the expensive side for me. I stick to me Guess watch. Nice though, if i could afford one.

Comment

Police, Runnersworld, Cosmo, And i also read my husbands Playboys. But i look at the pictures too.

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: ftrphxcop ]
                    "To each his own"

Comment

I subscribe to the following:
                      The Economist--a weekly British new magazine
                      NRA's First Freedom
                      Current History--a monthly journal of world history
                      The Weekly Standard--a weekly conservative magazine

Comment

Police Marksman, Tactical Edge, Law & Order, Firearms Instructor, Law Enforcement Trainer, Police, the journals of the California, Illinois, and Texas tactical associations, American Handgunner, Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement, SWAT, Combat Handguns, Law Enforcement & Security News, Law Enforcement Technology, American Police Beat.

While I subscribe to many of these, some have added me to their mailing list for one reason or another.
                        John from Maryland

Comment

Police Marksman, Shooting Times, American Rifleman (NRA mag), Bicycling.

Anything else I get free at work or read & drop in Barnes & Noble.

Comment

Police Marksman
                            Law and Order
                            Guns
                            American Handgunner
                            American Rifleman
                            Publications from
                            NTOA
                            ASLET
                            IALEFI
                            Playboy
                            I've tried most of the gun mags at one time or another, and have winnowed it down to the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Sig220Man:
                              The only law enforcement magazine I subscribe to is POLICE. For those who dropped their subscription to POLICE because of the "holier-than-thou" attitude of their (now thankfully ex-) editor, I suggest you renew your subscription. The current editor, a retired San Diego cop named Roy Huntington, is far more down-to-earth, and doesn't mince words, especially when it comes to management. He reminds me of an "old-school" cop who's seen it all and done it all, and has the respect (almost to the point of worship) of the younger cops.
                              Ditto on Police mag, but Roy just resigned, I got my Feb issue Saturday. He says his successor has similar views, we'll see. I love the articles, lots of good info. I also get newsline online newsletter from calibre press, I read the FBI LE journal online. I sometimes catch American Police Beat online, and if I catch something interesting in G&W for LE, I'll buy it. And yes, I have a subscription to playboy, they just renewed it for $1/issue. I've been a subscriber since I was 16.

Comment

Readers Digest & Texas Monthly. Okay, so I'm not worldly or wordly. I really don't like to read all that much. Besides, I have a watch.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3291 users online. 221 members and 3070 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X