300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't officer like liberal?

Maybe this may seem like a silly question.
    I grew up in ultra liberal and I will die as
    liberal. My mother have never like any police
    officers. But I do. And this bring on and still
    is internal conflict for past over a decade.Just
    before she died, I finally said " Mom. I love
    police officers. She blew her lid. I can't help
    it. I could no longer deny my love for the blue
    But it did take me almost a decade long to
    " come out" with it. And sometime it does still
    struggle within me.
    Today I went to see my doctor and told him I'm
    entering for Criminal Justice and that just
    floored him knowing how liberal I am, he just
    could not see how I fit in with police department
    For that reason, I do tread my ground carefully.
    I'm careful not to reveal my love for the blue
    to any cops that I come to know and became
    freinds with.
    Now someone had posted something about Kerry,
    warning other that he is very liberal

Don't ever any cop love a liberal?

I feel caught in between

Ellie
    Deaf artist serving officers of any law agencies in the state of Minnesota.

Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Comment

Is this an enigma wrapped in a riddle, or an idiot wrapped in a moron?? You decide.

Comment

Oh dear... don't bother

Maybe I confused you guys because of the way I
          wrote since English is not my first language.
          ( I use ASL - America Sign Lnaguage). Or it may
          not make much sense to you. :-)
          It is just that I alway felt caught between the liberal
          and law enforcement because either side of them'
          snubbed their nose at each other.
          I don't think I'll bother to try and explain it
          again.
          Deaf artist serving officers of any law agencies in the state of Minnesota.

Comment

If you speak ASL, is it because you have some form of disability, bc that may solve your LE question right there. As to the Liberal thing, you might have problems, but you might not. LE is not that liberal of a prefession, but as long as you do your job...you might be ok. If you do go into LE, try to go to a very liberal PD. Even then, it might be tough. Good luck.
            Live your Tactics, Hope is NOT a method!

Comment

Originally posted by FedDC
              If you do go into LE, try to go to a very liberal PD. Even then, it might be tough. Good luck.
              how does one's political stance make working as a cop tough.

my opinions on things like abortion, gun laws, education, welfare, drug rehabilitation tend to lean towards the liberal side. that itself doesnt make my job any harder. whether im conservative or liberal, i have a job to do. even if what i have to do goes against my own principles, as long as i understand its what i have to do, i wont have any problems.
              "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
              William Shatner

Comment

Originally posted by FedDC
                If you speak ASL, is it because you have some form of disability, bc that may solve your LE question right there. As to the Liberal thing, you might have problems, but you might not. LE is not that liberal of a prefession, but as long as you do your job...you might be ok. If you do go into LE, try to go to a very liberal PD. Even then, it might be tough. Good luck.
                We had some very liberal cops we worked with, and it didn't influence relationships at all. Mine was a conservative department. The liberal cops were considered cops first, political leanings last, and usually with most of us,their liberal political views didn't bother us.
                Retired

Comment

I suspect he meant it's tough to find liberal cops, not be one. Frankly most of the liberal ones we have are too issue oriented. They don't just go do their job, they have to be a soap box continually. Mostly their ignored by everyone except the press.
                  "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by retdetsgt
                    I suspect he meant it's tough to find liberal cops, not be one. Frankly most of the liberal ones we have are too issue oriented. They don't just go do their job, they have to be a soap box continually. Mostly their ignored by everyone except the press.
                    Exactly.
                    Live your Tactics, Hope is NOT a method!

Comment

Originally posted by retdetsgt
                      Interesting, that wasn't my experience at all.
                      Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                        Interesting, that wasn't my experience at all.
                        I'm glad. We had a whole menagerie of these guys. One guy, a Mexican, woke up one morning and decided he was a Native American. He went to the chief and demanded that he be allowed to wear his hair in long braided pigtails. The chief said no at first, but then relented because he didn't want to spend the money on a civil action that would be financed by the ACLU and no doubt won by this crank. Then the guy became a crusader of Native American rights, mostly on duty... Fortunately, he was an older guy who retired not too many years after his revelation, but he was an embarrassment.

Several others went around with chips on their shoulders just looking for some reason to go off about something. If we had any "normal" liberals on the dept., I never met them.... The ones I knew seem to be continually battling what they saw was an "injustice" on the dept.

I know some pretty liberal guys who are great people, but we didn't seem to have many on our dept....

Comment

retdetsgt is right. Most, and I say again and qualify this... most cops are conservative. This is due to a lot of what we see. I know a few liberal officers, and as said above, they tend to soapbox. The other issue with some of the liberal officers is the wish to be a social services rep. when we need a cop. Our job is to intervene and refer at many of the calls we handle, not hold hands and walk people through the system. I currently work in a jail facility and deal with some staff that speak as to the "poor underprivileged people" housed in the jail. These are the ones that usually get conned by the inmates.

I am a conservative, but my views on some issues are quite liberal. I would consider myself a realist more than anything else.
                          "A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood." Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

I believe strongly in being kind to people until they give me a reason not to. (You can employ officer safety techniques w/o being a jerk) However, I had a partner for a while that took it to the extreme. He would spend 45 minutes on a cold burglary smoozing the people. I used to leave and go sit in the car to wait for him. I really liked the guy personally, but I had to get out of that car after only a few months. He was driving me nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptwolf127
                              I would consider myself a realist more than anything else.
                              you and me both.
                              "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                              William Shatner

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2260 users online. 139 members and 2121 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X