300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long have you been a cop?

I have been a cop for 3 years on the road and 1 year as a jailer/dispatcher.

Total 4 years.
    Drug Recognition Expert

Sure, why not. I'm easy. Eh, let me rephrase that. I'm not fussy.
    Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

I started off as a police constable at Streatham (LONDON) in 1976..... busy place, the Police National Computer JUST arrived then

1979 transferred to Gypsy Hill Police Station after horrendous problems over there - 2 officers arrested and suspended for theft, station expenses for School Crossing staff nicked and officers stealing from cars in the street (they were arrested by "internal affairs") + more

you can imagine I was NOT interested in going there AT ALL

1 morning, my Chief Superintendent said to me (in passing) "I heard you volunteered to go to Gypsy Hill, well done"
      I was speechless [Eek!] 2 weeks later, I was there
      from your old mate
      c h i e f y
      global chiefy to yer seadog seafarin' maties

Comment

13 years. I was wonder, Mike TX how long have you been a cop?????

Comment

17 years, 2 months and 12 days...actually nights since I never work days!!
          "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Joined the met 14th Oct 1985 and went just across the road from Chiefy Brown at Norbury.

Comment

Hehe nice one Leigh, that was one station away from Streatham! I went in there a few times, it was JUST over the border of Streatham's "ground"

small world eh? did you ever go up that park in Crystal Palace with the dinosaurs? GREAT PLACE that
              from your old mate
              c h i e f y
              global chiefy to yer seadog seafarin' maties

Comment

Ahhh, Let's see...Became a dispatcher in 85'...while in college, became a sworn LEO in 88'...Still in Law Enforcement with the Govt. Soooo, been hanging out with Law Enforcement for a longgggg time.....15 years...Whew, maybe it's getting close to time to say, "Adios"..LOL
                C.D. Bruno

[email protected]

Comment

I've been a police officer for eight years. Five with the LAPD and nearly three with my new agency. Two years of reserves and even explorers before that. Things are always changing, but it's still a great job...
                  Officer, I borrowed these pants!

Comment

Not a cop,am a Prison Officer currently deployed at female prison in Suffolk for last 5 years.Previously did nearly 10 long..souless...unforgiving...hellish..OOPS-see what you done years at a Young Offenders (male)in Bucks. So 15 years and counting.
                    " Always a pleasure..........Never a chore"

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by GA-Cop:
                      13 years. I was wonder, Mike TX how long have you been a cop?????

Soemhow I've got to figure out a new ignore list.

Comment

Policeschool in 1993, hit the streets in january 1995 (sworn in). Still the same corps, change district.
                        Better to die standing
                        than living on your knees.

Comment

4.5 years
                          "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

7 years.

Comment

Jailer/Dispatcher in 1995, Sworn officer in 1999. So about 3.5 years as a police officer.

Hightower
                              No, you've got the wrong number. This is 9-1....2.
                              - Police Chief Clancy Wiggum

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5103 users online. 280 members and 4823 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X