Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pledge Ruled Unconstitutional in Schools !

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pledge Ruled Unconstitutional in Schools !

9th Circuit Court of Appeals in California (San Francisco)ruled today that reciting the Pledge of Allegience in school is unconstitutional because of the "under god" reference.

This are the same judges who ruled Rastafarians can smoke marijuana on Federal land.
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Just more proof of what I keep saying about judges. The Ninth Circuit, especially judge marilyn hall patel (she no longer gets the respect of capitalization) has been this way for years. Is there any to have a recall election, or is there some other way to remove them from the bench?
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

The 9th Circuit is an embarrassment.
      Bill R

Comment

Bottom line, this country's going to hell. I hope the students stand up and rebel and say the pledge anyway. And while doing so, SHOUT the 'UNDER GOD' part at the top of their lungs.

Comment

oh for pete's sake...here we go again!! well i better not speak my true mind on this issue so me and dave don't have another go 'round, right dave?

don't make me break out my liberal berkeley stuff again!!

well i can't say what i'd like about the judge, but it begins with "FU" and ends with "him".
          I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Hey Nick - stow it.
            Dave Kiefner
            [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks the world will be a better place if the 10 Commandments are posted on school walls, or if students say "under God" in school, is ... well, delusional.

Why should an athiest or agnostic or someone who doesn't want to say "God" (but rather, Budda, or Allah, or Satan, or whatever) have no choice but to not say the Pledge? Why is striking "under God" such a big deal?

I don't know.

Of course Christians are ****ed. Schools will no longer play as big a role into brainwashing students into belief in God. Schools have no place advocating any religion, or any higher power, and I think this is a great decision that is *long* overdue.

How many people here would feel comfortable if a bunch of athiests got into Congress and changed the law from "under God" to "under no God"? Or "under Allah", or "under Budda"? None of you, I wager.

Now, since I'm agnostic, I believe in a Higher Power. I certainly don't pretend to know what it is, and I don't like pretending I do when it comes to reciting the Pledge of Allegience (maybe some of you wouldn't mind "under Higher Power We Don't Know Anything About"?).

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy in a Jeep:
                I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks the world will be a better place if the 10 Commandments are posted on school walls, or if students say "under God" in school, is ... well, delusional.

Why should an athiest or agnostic or someone who doesn't want to say "God" (but rather, Budda, or Allah, or Satan, or whatever) have no choice but to not say the Pledge? Why is striking "under God" such a big deal?

I don't know.

Of course Christians are ****ed. Schools will no longer play as big a role into brainwashing students into belief in God. Schools have no place advocating any religion, or any higher power, and I think this is a great decision that is *long* overdue.

How many people here would feel comfortable if a bunch of athiests got into Congress and changed the law from "under God" to "under no God"? Or "under Allah", or "under Budda"? None of you, I wager.

Now, since I'm agnostic, I believe in a Higher Power. I certainly don't pretend to know what it is, and I don't like pretending I do when it comes to reciting the Pledge of Allegience (maybe some of you wouldn't mind "under Higher Power We Don't Know Anything About"?).

MUST...HOLD...BACK...FIST...OF...DEATH!!!!

I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Honestly, the simplest solution is just to cut "under God" from the thing. I mean, they weren't there pre-1954. People somehow survived without saying "under God" in the Pledge before then (only the Alleged Diety knows how) ...

Oh, BTW -- the judge who wrote the majority opinion was appointed by Richard Nixon in the early 1970s.

[ 06-26-2002: Message edited by: Crazy in a Jeep ]

Comment

well just at a quick glance...Fox channel 2 in SF is doing a quick poll on the subject and so far the results are:

9% agree with the judge
                    1% are not sure
                    and
                    90% are telling the judge to stuff it up his, uh...backside.

but of course the will and wishes of the people are always undercut by what our politicians deem as being right, since they know what is best for our country!!

I'll post, You argue.

Comment

"Under God" is very unconstititutional, it should be stricken from anything the government does, from our money, to the pledge. It wasn't even there originally! They added that stuff in the 1950's.
                      Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
                      -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy in a Jeep:

What country are you in Crazy??? The public schools certainly not brainwash children into believing in God. On the contrary, the liberals have free reign to teach all the things contrary to God though.
                        Bill R

Comment

Originally posted by Bill R:

What country are you in Crazy??? The public schools certainly not brainwash children into believing in God. On the contrary, the liberals have free reign to teach all the things contrary to God though.
                          Oh god Bill R (oops..pardon the term Crazy) but please do NOT get started on the "liberal" slant on this...that could turn into a real fireball in this thread (even though you are 100% right).

how long before "in God we trust" and "God Bless America" is banned? shoot, before you know it you will get fined or thown in jail for saying "God bless you" if someone sneezes!! you're treading in serious water there bill.

but you know bill, in one school in Kalifornia they had kids dress up as mid-easterners and discussed a jihad all in the name of allah.....it was for the multi-culturalism and diversity of the kids.

and you can have a discussion about Satan in schools too you know. so if you speak of God and Jesus, YOU are the bad guy because that ONE agnostic or atheist doth protest too loudly!! just like the prayer before dinner at VMI. a few (2 i think) were offended so guess what?...prayer before dinner is a no-no.

how bout how the word "Jesus" that was censored on the ABC show "the view" out on the west coast because the network was afraid it might offend. (hmmmm...isn't kalifornia, and san francisco, and berkeley, and hollywood on the west coast???)
                          I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Forgive a certain amount of sarcasm, Bill

But certainly young children are more impressionable then most people. Children of a variety of religions who go to public school could quite well be "brainwashed" (in a loose interpretation of the word) into a belief in God or what have you.

This was a great ruling. And I honestly don't see what the fuss is about.

Comment

As far as I am concerned, this is a sad day. I believe that the pledge is an important part of American history. If a person does not want to recite the pledge, then they should not stand up and participate. It is as simple as that. The pledge for me always stood for the respect of America (which should be a prereq. in order to live in America), a unified nation which was fought for and won, and the desire to continually make this country a better place. I will teach my child(ren) the pledge, encourage them in researching American history so that they may gain a respect for those who serve in this country, and instill a sense of moral within them. No laws will ever hold me back from my belief in America and in the God who created it!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6272 users online. 356 members and 5916 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X