300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunar Eclipse

Don't forget about the lunar eclipse tonight.

Total eclipse at 10:14 CDT

space.com
    Drug Recognition Expert

Scratchy, YES!!! It's been a crazy night.

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by Scratchy:
      Hmmm.....
      Does that mean the officers, EMTs, etc. on duty will have "full moon" behavior to look forward to tonight? [Eek!]

Please tell me about "full moon" behavior. I have a degree in Social Science (Psych. and Soc.)and I love learning about stuff like that. Or direct to me something I can read; if you dont mind. I always thought that was a myth, but would love to find out more!
      Thanks!
      "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
      Davy Crockett

Comment

I believe in the full moon thing. I think it is because people can see better when there is a full moon. More light=more activity.
        Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

No moon here. It's raining.
          There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Steven Wright

Comment

Man, i dont know how i missed hearing about it i guess it's over now... i love those kinds of things. I always used to set my alarm to get up and watch the meteor showers...

I had such a weird nite at work... now i know why. I, and everyone around me, were...ummmm...let's just say "outspoken." It worked greatly in my favor, but i did surprise myself
            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Frogman:
              We've had (2) traffic fatalities tonight already:

02.) The town that borders us had a car hit a a semi head-on and explode on impact like something right out of a movie F/X.

gonna have to watch channel 21 news tonight to get the story on this.
              I'll post, You argue.

Comment

We had a pretty good view of it here when the clouds co-operated.

Comment

for those of us that missed it (including me ), there will be another lunar eclipse on 11-08-03.

Comment

I didn't hang outside all night watching it, but I did pop out from time to time. It was kinda cool.
                    Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Watched from our upstairs balcony, then went out to the spa and watched from there. We live in an apartment complex where there are several kids, and it was just as much fun watching them and seeing their excitement, as it was to watch the event.
                      "Americans don't want a mentally unstable president; he might start a war or something." - Bill Maher

Comment

Full moon behavior

I got dispatched a few hours after the eclipse to a report of two large female juveniles on the side of the highway, a suspicious activity report. I missed a key word in the dispatch and asked, "What are they doing that's so suspicious?"

Dispatch blurted out, "They're mooning cars that drive by!" I said, "Oh...I guess I missed that part."

My beat partner asked dispatch if we could get a clothing description. Before they could answer I blurted out, "They'll be the ones without clothing!"

We never found the amature astronomers but I did come across 4 male juveniles who said they had been watching the "full moon(s)"
                        "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids." -General Jack D. Ripper, Commanding General, Burpleson Air Force Base

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3719 users online. 249 members and 3470 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X