300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben and Jerry's

I never realized Ben and Jerry's was such a commie loving company. I read the banner about them supporting cop killers and then went to www.freerepublic.com website to see what it had to say about them. There was some interesting tidbits about the new Peace Pops line they have...some of the names of the flavors include some of our favorite dictators names including Saddam and even Castro. It is not even amusing...rather disgusting that they would make a profit off of something named after those pigs.
    Check it out ..go to the site and enter Ben and Jerry's in the search box as a keyword. I dont believe it; there are some tasty tidbits about more slime who think that cop killer is innocent; people I did not even know thought that way.
    You learn something new everyday.....Geez..I guess no more Chunky Monkey for me, huh? What else do those idiots own? If I find out, I will let you know.
    Oh well, God Bless America; if they were in any of the countries they weep for and did stuff like that, they would be stoned. Susan Sarandon would be wearing a Burqa and sandals made of sand instead of a Versace gown and 300 dollar sling pumps.
    I could go on. Check out the site and prepare to grit your teeth.
    "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
    Davy Crockett

I don't need to. Ever since I read the banner at the top of this website, that was enough for me. Haven't bought any Ben and Jerry's since.
    Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by AutumnAngel:
      I don't need to. Ever since I read the banner at the top of this website, that was enough for me. Haven't bought any Ben and Jerry's since.

Autumn, please dont think I went to the site to see if I could get info to decide about further consumption of the product; I just wanted to research more about their lunacy and discover any other supporters; I was not surprised with the names I saw.

[ 05-15-2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: BunnyFoo-Foo ]
      Davy Crockett

Comment

I think I'll skip it. People like that make me mad, and getting mad isn't good for the blood pressure.

Comment

If you are anywhere near Texas try Bluebell Ice Cream, its delicious and wont upset your conscience! They sell Ben and Jerrys here but none has crossed our threshold!

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Leigh Harrington:
            If you are anywhere near Texas try Bluebell Ice Cream, its delicious and wont upset your conscience! They sell Ben and Jerrys here but none has crossed our threshold!

Oh, you are making me homesick......I love Blue Bell. It is made in Brenham, TX , so it is fresh..lots of cows up there..well taken care of, at that. Up here in Idaho they have Blue Bunny, which is darn good....their Chocolate Mint has big chunks of chocolate in it...yummy....
            Ben and Jerry's was officially banned from our home last night when I told Mr. Bunny about their antics. I need to let my family know about it...can we write our grocery stores and ask them not to buy it anymore: is that too crazy? We could all write our newspapers editorial section with all the info about their support of a cop killer and their commie pops that are coming out. Gee, the majority of the conservatives up here will love to know about that...then again, it may be free advertising for B & J's and the liberal college crew up here will have a field day...what to do? Albertsons has their main offices up here, I could write them and see what happens.....they always like to hear from Idahoans....what do you think?
            Davy Crockett

Comment

yeah writing to the newspapers is the best idea of the lot Bunny, especially if you can get a few other ppl to write in too, if these "Ben and Jerry's" were over in the UK, I'd be doing that myself girl! they need boycotting BIG TIME
              from your old mate
              c h i e f y
              global chiefy to yer seadog seafarin' maties

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Leigh Harrington:

Blue Bell is good, but, the HEB grocery store has it's own brand out, Creamy Creations. They have some great flavors!!!
                Walk slow, Talk low, and Don't say Too Much.

Comment

I will work on the letter for the paper...thanks.
                  And as far as ice cream goes, Creamy Creations is awesome.....one thing I love about H.E.B. ..that is one of the many things I miss about Texas; good old H.E.B.
                  I noticed you are in San Antonio..I love San Antonio. I think the company my sister works for handles the uniforms for the fire department and the police dudes...not sure....all I know is that when I visit her at work when I am there, I usually try on one of those cool hats and jackets you guys wear....until she tells me to stop playing dress up...just a little kid at heart!
                  Davy Crockett

Comment

It really sucks because Ben & Jerry's is really goooooddd ice cream, but it aint worth putting my money in their pocket even if it doesn't make a difference. I think writing to the newspaper is a very good idea. You might want to think about contacting the media, they would probably be all over a story like this, especially the commie pops or whatever that was you were talking about. The media can be a very effective tool at times.
                    Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

You know what; I am just a silly rabbit. In my anger while researching the Ben and Jerry's cop killer supporter story; I failed to read the disclaimer below the article I read about the Peacnik Pops that Ben and Jerry's is putting out. The disclaimer informs the readers that the article or any other item in that site is not to be taken seriously! OOOOOPPPPPS! The person who wrote that was merely mocking Ben and Jerry's since they are so outspoken and rightous about helping ithers all for marketing sake. The Peacenik Pops have an assertment of flavors such as Ramsberry Clark, Saddams'mores, Castro Crumble, and Creamy Carter Chunk.
                      They do have Peace Pops with normal, but fun names but you wont see me getting anywhere near them.
                      I will be writing the paper; I may call my friend in town who is a police officer and have him spread the word. He is also military. I will tell my sister in San Antonio; the company she works for has the contract for the Fire Dept. and some of the S.A.P.D. get their pants there and stuff....she will spread the word. My cousins ex hubbie is a Houston cop....I just have connections all over, now,. dont I? I am on a mission..search and destroy!
                      My brothers an e-mail hound; if I compose a letter summarizes the story; he will send it to his clients, friends and they in turn will do the same......
                      I better go, my child is being disobediant and I must talk to her....like she understands...she is crawling under my legs and grabbing the cords to the computer and yanking them....AAAAGH; when I tell her to please stop and look at her to pick her up and distract her, she laughs and starts jumping up and down like a bunny.....she is on th eother sie of the room now, crawling over here and growling.....now she is playing with her block..now she is chewing on teh basket and ripping off wicker....tootles..
                      Davy Crockett

Comment

Chiefy they sell B** a** J***** at Sainsburys

Comment

thanks Leigh, I had no idea.

I go to Sainsbury every week and have never seen this product. I will check this out next time I go and once I find you're correct (sorry I'm not doubting you, but I just have to see this myself) I will be taking further action [Eek!]
                          from your old mate
                          c h i e f y
                          global chiefy to yer seadog seafarin' maties

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Scratchy:
                            I'm addicted to Blue Bunny's Colorada River Rapids, but it's only available in the summer.
                            My second choice is Dulce de Leche.

Blue Bunny

Thanks Scratchy; what a great site....now I can start a mission to try all the Blue Bunny flavors before I move back to Texas and Blue Bell ice cream...I will look like a Mack Truck, but I will be happy!
                            I will look at the site to try and find a Chunky Monkey type ice cream.....that was my fave of B** & Je***'*' now it is black listed.
                            I am working on letters today; if Baby Bunny lets me...she is a terror on "four legs"...she is so fast at crawling and the standing up is turning into steps....Oh boy.....she is helping me lose some of my baby weight because I chase her all day so Blue Bunny wont hurt me, huh?
                            Thanks again for the site...pretty strange, huh...a woman getting all ga-ga over an ice cream website...hey, to each her own!
                            Davy Crockett

Comment

Haagan Das has an reasonably new one -- Bannanas Foster... Dont try it... you have been warned [Wink]

It has now surpassed my other favorite of their's...German Chocolate Cake.
                              "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3305 users online. 210 members and 3095 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X