Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranch 1 : basically in the Malls in the New York area. The food and service is good. Food is grilled not greasy. Kitchen area appears clean.

Church's Chicken & Bojangles : some have made to the Health Departments' list to avoid due to lack of sanitary conditions, vermin and rodent droppings in the food. Not to mention you can lube your car with the grease the food is cooked in!

Kenny Rodgers : A few around appears one of the "better" chicken fast food places. Chicken was above average and service not bad either.

I've been to the "Huddle House" Pancake Houses down South : Pretty Good food overall.

Comment

There's only one Bojangles in NYC, have you been there?
      If you flame me, the terrorists have won.

Comment

moocat

There are a few other Bojangles Chicken Spots in the other Boroughs. I've seen them in Brooklyn, Bronx and Queens. I never experienced the one in Manhattan. I've eaten at a few in the other Boroughs. That's what I'm basing my opinion on.

**Note**
        When I refer to New York City I'm not referring to Mahattan only. Five Boroughs comprise the City : Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island & Queens. I'm just posting this for those who are unfamiliar with my references to "New York City" or New York area per se.
        Last edited by Invisiblecop; 01-14-2004, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Just look for the Krispe Kreme sign. You will walk out with a smile.

Comment

screw IHOP..that's for those people who don't like to get dirt on their hands and rather have a "cold coffee" drink, waffle house is the stuff, great after drinking or anytime of the day(just make sure your next stop is home b/c it goes through you like SARS through China)... sure it's greasy but sometimes you've got to cheat a little, sonic is great....great burgers and chilli & cheese on ANYTHING!!! Olive Garden is my favorite but a little on the expensive side. but for the small spender I just love "country kitchens" that are privately owned. I know georgia has alot of that country kitchen stuff b/c well it's got alot of country....

Comment

When I'm back that way I like Cracker barrel. Arby's are out here on the west also.

Comment

You're not gonna find a quality breakfast like you can in WI unless you get real lucky...

There's a place called the Pie Wagon on Division St. in Nashville, it's a little meat & three buffet place.
                On Tuesday for lunch they have the very best deep fried hot (and I mean spicy hot!) chicken I've ever had. It's just off Music Row so if you decide to cruise Music Row on your way through and it's Tuesday, you might want to take in the Pie Wagon for lunch if you like spicy hot chicken. There's usually a few LEOs there for lunch on Tuesdays 'cause the guys in that district love hot chicken!

You take the Demonbreun exit off I-40 and turn right on Demonbreun if you're coming from the west on I-40 East and turn left on Demonbreun if you're coming from the east on I-40 West. Go up to the roundabout, which is one-way around and you'll go all the way around it to Division (don't take the other end of Division which is half way around the roundabout from where you got off Demonbreun). Division will be the street just past where 16th Ave. South comes out and just before Demonbreun where you got on the roundabout.
                Once on Division, you'll go a block to a stop sign at the intersection of Division and Music Circle South. You'll see BMI on the right, big white colored building. Go straight about another half block and you'll see the Pie Wagon on your left. 1302 Division St. next to National Tape & Disc.
                http://www.wintersoldier.com
                THIS AMERICAN DOESN'T NEED TO PASS A "GLOBAL TEST" TO PROTECT HIS FREEDOM!

Comment

Hmmm, I have to say I am not a big fan of that list. Someone mentioned Logans. I love that place. Much cheaper that some of the big name steak houses but IMO just as good. For fast food I like Chic fil a. Waffle houses.....I don't like having to fight some idiot in the middle of my meal (not to mention what the people who work there are doing to my food), so I stay away. Golden Corrals have really changed their image and the new ones are good. Krispy Kreme does rule. We southerners know how to make some doughnuts

I don't know if this helps...just some rambling thoughts.

Comment

When we are over your side of the pond we enjoy Jack in the box, Mrs Ex-plod likes the Terriyake bowls. Everytime we have seen a "whataburger" in Texas its always three minutes after we have just stuffed our faces somewhere else but we will get there one day!

Comment

You mentioned traveling through Kentucky on your trip. If you go thru Louisville, let me know. I work off-duty at a couple of different Waffle Houses. What's been said about them....well, it's true. If it wasn't they wouldn't need 2 of us on Fri & Sat nights. I love Chick-fil-A (sp?), but there's only 2 of them here, and they are both in the malls. Checkers = Rallys (same thing, different name, I think), and I think the food is OK. Bojangles are not typically (from my experience) located in the bestr areas, so I'd avoid those. Sonic is fine, they have a few good deals on food.
                      I'd just like to thank all the stupid people out there...You helped pay for my kids' Christmas.

Comment

Sonic is by far the best. Large Strawberry Limeade.
                        I believe the local checkers got shut down because they were selling drugs to their special guests. I never liked it anyway, just go to sonic, you won't regret it.

Comment

golden coral???? don't even mention that name I might puke.....
                          Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by armympchick
                            You GOTTA hit this place called CHECKERS!!! It has the BEST burgers around .... I'll see if I can't "locate" a few to see where they are here, there's ONE I know of in Tifton. I'll let ya know.

Kate
                            yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

Comment

anyone ever eaten at a Camilles Sidewalk Cafe? Very good, fresh food.

Comment

Restaurants

Not familiar with ALL the places on your list.Believe Quincy's(chain) is pretty safe. Depending on the time of day,Waffle House(aka Awful House) can be a hot LZ with wall to wall drunks and rednecks.Never been to Kenny Rodgers. Sonic has pretty good chow for a chain place,ditto Arby's.Krystal's going to depend a lot on the location.Of course,there are the old stand-bys,Mickey "D"s and KFC.Probably wouldn't hurt to ask around a little,just be careful where you do the asking. Have a good(safe) trip.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4097 users online. 281 members and 3816 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X