• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moose Sues County Over Ruling

By DERRILL HOLLY
    The Associated Press
    Wednesday, May 14, 2003; 11:35 AM

GREENBELT, Md. - The police chief who helped lead the task force of investigators during last autumn's Washington-area sniper shootings filed suit Wednesday to win the right to tell his story in a book.

Lawyers for Montgomery County Chief Charles A. Moose sought a federal court injunction barring the county Ethics Commission from taking any action against him for writing about the events surrounding the shootings.

The ethics panel contends that participation in book or movie projects would allow Moose to profit from the prestige of his office and possibly compromise the prosecutions.

The lawsuit charges that Moose is being deprived of his constitutional right of free speech.

"Any attempt to sanction, prosecute or take disciplinary action against Chief Moose based upon him writing or publishing a book or working on a screenplay would violate the First Amendment," Ron A. Karp, head of Moose's legal team, told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The task force of local, state and federal law enforcement agencies spent three weeks trying to stop the rash of shootings in the region surrounding the nation's capital...

web page

I guess Moose don't care about messing up a major murder case.

I'd rather have him be able to tell the story than the defendants telling theirs.

Comment

He should've retired first...THEN wrote the book...so nobody can tell him what to do!

Comment

Maybe he can get that mutt from the N.Y. Times to ghost write it for him.
        Life is like a 3 ring circus and cops have a front row seat. It`s The Greatest Show On Earth.

Comment

if moose writes the way he talks, i'll need an ebonics translator to decipher it.
          I'll post, You argue.

Comment

LOL!! Whe I saw the title of this thread I thought PETA had their drawers in a wad about something again!
            "Sometimes, I guess there just aren't enough rocks." -Forrest Gump

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4903 users online. 273 members and 4630 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X