300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When working a forest fire.......

Remember to get out of the way when they are dropping fire retardant from the air.

CalFire 1, CHP 0

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

He needs to stand in front of the cruiser with his shotgun saying how good buckshot is and his foot on the bumper.

Comment

Have fun getting that washed. Lol that crap stains
      I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Man, they sure have a lot of lady bugs in California!
        This Space For Rent

Comment

My partner and I were working a major brush fire and we were talking to the fire Captain..He said you better run for your patrol car as a airdrop was seconds away...We ran like hell for our radio car but didn't make it...We were covered in red phoschek from head to toe as was our radio car....What a mess....
          Retired LASD

Comment

It's not toxic to humans?
            This Space For Rent

Comment

Maybe he's trialling a new colour scheme.

Comment

No its non toxic to everyone humans and animals. The tree huggers would not allow it if it wasn't other wise. Pretty much really really thick foam mixed with red dye.. just a pain in the rear to clean off

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

****double post ****

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                    No its non toxic to everyone humans and animals. The tree huggers would not allow it if it wasn't other wise.
                    I should have thought of that, although what's used for de-icing roads in national forests is different than what can be used in national parks.
                    This Space For Rent

Comment

Parks are a little more strict on things. Most places us sand in CA on the forest roads

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                        Parks are a little more strict on things. Most places us sand in CA on the forest roads
                        National Park Circus uses sand, but doesn't use any de-icer solutions with it. I was under the impression that the same restriction didn't apply to FS roads.
                        This Space For Rent

Comment

That's for CA forest roads sand is used. But for the most part Caltrans handles the forest roads.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
                            It's not toxic to humans?
                            Less so than being caught in a forest fire I imagine... ;-)
                            "Life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward"- Rocky Balboa

Black Labs Matter!

Comment

Soapy soapy get your roapy!
                              Probably a little pig fat mixed with phosphorous.
                              Harmless except it might encourage the algae in nearby ponds.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6383 users online. 259 members and 6124 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X