300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a pilot!

I passed my private pilot checkride today! Everything went fine, the weather was perfect. Now I gotta start building hours and work on instrument and commercial.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Congratulations Ateamer!!
    " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Awesome !! Great job Ateamer !! When are you going to take us flying???
      Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

Thanks. Ready when you are. Tach up, airspeed active, gauges green...
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I work right across the street from a small airport. I'll be waiting for you at lunch time.

Congrats, ateamer.

Comment

LOL good morning katey

You can always fly out here to my airport too.

Klar
            Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Morning, klar! Maybe ateamer can pick you and sandie up and bring ya's to my airport. We'll do lunch.

Comment

Congratulations ateamer! Get yourself several thousand hours logged, and I'll be glad to take a flight with you. That is AFTER I get to know you and know if you are responsible or not.

I have a buddy that has (ON TWO OCCASIONS) run out of fuel on the pad, AFTER landing! I like this guy a lot, but there is NO WAY I would ever get in his plane!
                6P1 (retired)

Comment

CONGRATS!! Are you doing this just for recreation? What a great (and exspensive) hobby!

Comment

Doing it just for fun right now. I've wanted to be a pilot since I was three. In a few years, after I get enough hours (depends on cash flow), will get a commercial license. I want to be able to fly charters and maybe some corporate flights.

Comment

Congrats, I know how big of an accomplishment it is to get your license. Time to start building those cross-country hours for your instrument rating...

Comment

congratulations...exciting! dont forget to pick me up for the ride, too...there is a small airport about 1/2 mile down the road from me

have fun...
                        "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

I've never flown in an airplane smaller than a commercial 737, and I'm not a big fan of commercial airline travel. I would, however, like to ride sometime in a smaller Cessna style just to say I did it, and, depending on where I was, take some great pictures from the air. I have been in our helicopter (Eagle 1) in Washington DC before, and in the NPS contract helicopter over the Grand Canyon (from the north rim to the south rim) and most recently in a BOR helicopter over and around the Hoover Dam at Lake Mead. For whatever reason, I LOVE flying in helicopters. Maybe because there is more of a personal relationship with the pilot, and we're actually sitting within reach of him? I've wanted to get my helo license for a few years, but, being it's so expensive, I can't decide if I want to get that license, or an auto racing license. There is a pilot school (helos) about 45 minutes from my house, and, Sears Point Raceway ... I mean "Inferion" Raceway (they were "corporatized") is about 20 minutes up the road in Sonoma. Ahh ... decisions, decisions ...

PS ... Congrats on getting the licensing done.

[ 06-24-2002: Message edited by: H8Criminals ]
                          I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4057 users online. 231 members and 3826 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X