X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jail bait?

Tell me what you think...
    Story:
    I don't have a car to drive, and even if I did, with me being 17 and all...well, you know, anyway...
    I take 2 buses to the community college each way. On one of these rainy/cold/windy "spring" days, the bus's fire alarm went off. We were all told to "get off and wait"...along came the FD and PD (1 truck & 3 squad cars!?) After the "inspection" the bus was cleared for us to re-board. But before I could, the LEO's and the "engine master" (as they're called in my family) all were offering to take me to whatever detination I was going to. (Now, I thought it was against the rules to have a civilian in your cruiser for personal reasons??) I was laughing pretty hard because these guys were making fools of themselves totaly out in the open. I declined saying I wanted to get my money's worth on the bus. (It's true...$3 for a day pass!) Anyway, whenever theses LEO's see me at the bus stop or whatever, they stop and "chat" and offer me rides...I finally told one cop I was 16 almost 17 (at the time...I have since had my b-day). He turned all the different shades of the rainbow and apologized. But now these guys don't leave me alone!!! I'll look out my bedroom window before I go to bed and see 1 or 2 cruisers parked right in front of my townhouse...turns out it's the same cops. (There have never been any cops on our street before!) These LEO's sometimes knock on my door "just to see how I'm doing"...always wave or whatever at me when I'm walking outside...etc...
    I'm annoyed! I mean, they actually ask me out. (I'm underage..isn't a little odd?) My Aunt suggested that when these guys pull over to "talk" to me, that I should pull out a little 5 x 8 card the says "jail bait" on it and put it back in my backpack/pocket/whatever and act like nothing...I did once. The guy laughed so hard I thought his seams would split. So anyway, any thought on this? Advice? Thanx

[ 05-13-2003, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: LEO-wanna-be ]
    M.E.

I would call the police departmnet and ask them to explain why they are behaving like that if you are really concerned.

Comment

One call to the police department would put a stop to it, but I have a sneaking hunch you're enjoying the attention. You certainly sound more flattered than truly annoyed or afraid. If you indeed want it to stop, you know how.

Comment

Just be aware that ONE kind of 'attention' can be quickly replaced with 'another kind'....
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

If this is going on to the extent you say it is, it should be reported to the department.

Just be sure everything you report is absolutely true. False accusations can ruin a career or a marriage.
          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

quote:
            By 156
            ...but I have a sneaking hunch you're enjoying the attention. You certainly sound more flattered than truly annoyed or afraid. If you indeed want it to stop, you know how.

One only has to go to this thread and see...

quote:
            Mine would be: "The Idiot's Guide To Sleeping With LEO's"
            Kinda brash for a 17 year old.

Comment

I saw this thread earlier and decided to zip it. But then I saw this written by FLLawdog:

quote:
              One only has to go to this thread and see...

quote:
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Mine would be: "The Idiot's Guide To Sleeping With LEO's"
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinda brash for a 17 year old.

How 'bout this one too:

Hippity Hop
              Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

Last edited by 156; 07-06-2003, 12:56 AM.

Comment

And I dont know about the leowannabe's state, but in Texas 17 is legal.

Comment

LEO-Wannabe..

Lemme get this straight...

You come onto a forum called OFFICER.COM, which is obviously for law enforcement officers and law enforcement topics, thn you post several different threads, namely:

o. Introduction, in which you give your full measurments.

o. Idiots Guide to Sleeping with LEOs.

o. The person I live with is on crack, should I report it (bearing in mind the people on this board are complete strangers).

o. 'Jail Bait' - in which you seem to be sending VERY serious acusations around at your local cops. And you seem to be loving it.

Seems to me that you might be using this place as a pick up joint?

Sorry if im being a bit brash, but Are you for real?

[ 05-13-2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: J-WS6 ]

Comment

Thanks y'all.
                      156...I know what you're talking about, I do. I had gotten involved with a 24 y.o. last year (and it didn't help that my family thought he was "ok" and "I could learn a thing or two from older people") He was very sweet in the begining and charming. I kept telling myself "we're friends"...uh, huh. Next thing I knew my mom had to call the cops for him bashing me up against a brick wall outside. A week later, he broke into the apt. and did some very nasty things. Lost our home (no kidding)nw we're staying with a relative. I admitted to the detectives that I had snuck out with him on occasion to "get out". I have learned from my mistakes.
                      And so far as the comment made about sleeping with LEO's...well, I really shouldn't have given my screen name to my friend. (I'm not passing the buck here, she guessed my password! I've since changed it.)
                      And, no, I don't "enjoy" this so-clled "attention" from these cops. And I did report it to the county headquarters today.
                      I try to remain with the image of the detectives in the other county I lived in, in my mind, so I don't get the wrong (yet sometimes true) image of these other LEO's stuck in my mind as the overall image of LE.
                      So, resolutions made: changed passwords on all email and the like. Avoid putting myself in situations where I could get hurt (although it's sometimes unavoidable). AndI don't trust my family's opionions that much anymore.
                      So, that's about it. You can pretty much trust that what's said here is really from me, now.
                      Sorry about that comment made on that other thread. If y'all knew me in person, you'd know that I wouldn't even think of that sort of thing.
                      I do study the book of Proverbs and try to abide by it, if that means anything at all to ya.
                      M.E.

Comment

Yeah right...

I'm declaring Shenanigans!!!

[ 05-13-2003, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Bill R ]
                        Bill R

Comment

J-WS6...posted 'round the same time you did. Let me explain...
                          About the measurements...do it all the time. No biggie to me.

"Idiot's Guide" thing...as I said above, I got excited that I found this site to be able to get some of my ?'s answered and read posts from LEO's, and told my friend my screen-name. She (knowing me fairly well) guessed my password and posted that BS. I would never do that.

My aunt on drugs, well, I needed to see what other people (people who, yes, are strangers and have an objective view) would advise me to do.

And this last story, well, I wasn't sure to report it or not. I do realize it's a very huge deal to do that.

And, no, I have not enjoyed reading this other BS that someone else, whom I trusted, did write!

I love LE and I hope that I haven't offended anyone (which i imagine I have.)

Sorry y'all.

Tell me, should I cancel this now, and come back later under a different screen-name, or are we at peace?
                          M.E.

Comment

Sorry if I sounded offended! I honestly was just wondering if you had relised what it looked like

Comment

Ahhh, just cut the crap and skip to the part where you post nude pics of yourself!

No cops, know anarchy.

"He aint finna come all up in my house and act a fool and be gettin away with it cause I will go smooth off." -Movista

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4214 users online. 223 members and 3991 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X