300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinosaur...

you never need a vacation! sounds like you have one every day!
    "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by dkiefner:
      KK, how could you leave out the Franklin Institute??? Now I'll have to come up to Philly and take you and Jellybean there. Afterwards, we can meet Gubby and get some scrapple.
      <slaps her forehead> OMG, how could I forget the Franklin Institute, especially since I was going to bring the kids there this past Sunday.

dk, just yell when you make it back to Philly. I'm game for hanging out with you, JB and Gubby, and any of the other locals here who would want to. I think it would be a blast.

No scrapple for me though! I'll do cheesesteaks, soft pretzels, Italian water ice or Tastykakes, but yuck! no scrapple for me!

Comment

I'm game for hanging out with you, JB and Gubby, and any of the other locals here who would want to
        I could drive up, provided if I get completely drunk someone would let me crash on their couch ...

Comment

OK KK, I'm for that. Been promising my eldest a trip to Franklin Institute for a while. Maybe a late night cruise through Germantown for some excitement afterwards.

I can get into a steak or any of the other goodies you mentioned. Since you don't want any, it just means I get all the scrapple to myself.
          Dave Kiefner
          [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

You know, there aren't any Germans left in Germantown, DK. Rumor has it that they've all been made into scrapple. I kinda doubt it 'cause I don't believe there's really any meat in scrapple. Just to be on the safe side, though, lock your doors and go fast when you take your drive through the old neighborhood or you might end up as someone's breakfast.

Comment

Yep, Dino - I think I was one of the last ones out.

Guess you'd have to define meat though.
              Dave Kiefner
              [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

Katey Katey Katey,

There are many other great attractions in and around Philadelphia that unsuspecting out of towners would surely benefit from seeing. A trip to Philly isn't complete without seeing the nasty homeless man on Market Street who wears a diaper (usually loaded with sh*t) made entirely out of plastic grocery store trashbags. On his more modest days he will accessorize with an open trench coat.

How about the great Walter Rand Transportation Center across the river in Camden? Yet another lovely attraction. Lovely that is, if your idea of a good time is witnessing as many drug transactions out in the open broad day light as you can possibly fathom.

And to top off your visit, you can rent a tour bus with a giant banner on the side that reads, "WE MAY BE WHITE BUT AT LEAST WE'RE NOT POOR," and ride it through a rather interactive tour of North Philly.

Comment

LOLROFL Ohhh Gub can you sign me up for that tour bus trip I think that would be a very exciting ride. LOL

Klar
                  Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Gubby Gubby Gubby,

If you make it off the tour bus alive, call me and we'll do lunch.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6559 users online. 348 members and 6211 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X