Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iowa, isn't that where that Kinsella guy's baseball field is?
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by 207:

Now THERE'S a tourist attraction!!
      you must be wantin another one of those smacks...

Klar, my posts always disappear like that. i copy them ahead of time now when they're long...then i can cut and paste them to email, shut down, come back on, and post them! gee, the wonders of the computer...
      "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

LOL your talking about the field of dreams from the movie yeah that is here. LOL

Klar
        Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

LOL it does not usually happen to me as I have a nice puter with a great connection so I am not too worried about it. SO your pets, and other four legged creatures are still safe LOL

Klar
          Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer:
            The Boardwalk, the beach, the redwoods, Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur, the Coast Road up to Half Moon Bay, on and on...
            How 'bout Hiway 1 on down to Moron er I mean Morro Bay? Hurst Castle, Madonna Inn @ San Luis Obispo?

All I have to show people is "the ditch!"
            6P1 (retired)

Comment

That's about the best motorcycle ride in the world.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Tourist attraction? Take your pick and don't forget to buy a T-shirt before you leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Don:

How 'bout Hiway 1 on down to Moron er I mean Morro Bay? Hurst Castle, Madonna Inn @ San Luis Obispo?

All I have to show people is "the ditch!"
                  At least you have "the ditch"

All we have here is cotton fields, sorgum (sp) fields, vinyards (yes, we have wineries here), cotton fields, prairie dog town, a large university with a beautiful Spanish-style archetecture, cotton fields, onion fields, and did I mention cotton fields?

We actually have three pretty good wineries is this area. Not much else to see, move along....
                  Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by JKT:

We actually have three pretty good wineries is this area. Not much else to see, move along....
                    lol...
                    the prairie dog town sounds cool...there is a small one at the Cape May Zoo..lol

the one thing i remember about Texas when i was there was, there was no doubt i was faaarrr away from NJ
                    "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by JKT:

At least you have "the ditch"

All we have here is cotton fields, sorgum (sp) fields, vinyards (yes, we have wineries here), cotton fields, prairie dog town, a large university with a beautiful Spanish-style archetecture,
                      Hmmm, you must be older that I thought possible Jack???? You have a university there? Come on man, you must have SOME scenery that goes with that!:
                      6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally by Don:
                        Hmmm, you must be older that I thought possible Jack???? You have a university there? Come on man, you must have SOME scenery that goes with that!

Oh, yeah, there is plenty of eye candy there. Not to mentions the other 2 universities and the junior college extension here

But the archetecture is the one thing that everyone agrees on!

You could say I'm getting old. Only 8 years until my first retirement date.

Originally by Jill:
                        lol...
                        the prairie dog town sounds cool...there is a small one at the Cape May Zoo..lol

Yes, it was pretty cute at one time. Now, they have doubled the size of the colony, but the retaining wall is still in the original location!!
                        Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Tourist attraction? Up here? I suppose you all could look at me! Actually, you're supposed to go to Mount Desert Island (without bringing your car and polluting all the traffic waves), and you're supposed to look at the Paul Bunyon statue, and you have to eat lobster and buy a little pail of real blueberries that have since been turned fake and go on a whale watch. And if you don't fall overboard, you're supposed to go home because we don't really want you, just your money.

[ 06-25-2002: Message edited by: shadows ]

Comment

As Nite say, the whole state of Florida is a tourist tra...er...attraction.

KK, how could you leave out the Franklin Institute??? Now I'll have to come up to Philly and take you and Jellybean there. Afterwards, we can meet Gubby and get some scrapple.
                            Dave Kiefner
                            [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

I'm very familiar with tourist attractions in Philadelphia even though I haven't been to see them since I was a kid. From anywhere in the city I can give accurate directions to all of them, or at least provide sufficient instruction to guarantee that the next time an individual stops for directions they'll be far away from where he or she found me.

I tour the city almost everyday but I've never really thought of myself as a tourist. I consider myself more of a professional sightseer. I like to begin my day by meeting with a group of associates in a scruffy room in a run down building on the edge of town. One of my colleagues will make sure we're all there and sometimes he'll then tell scary stories about hapless tourists and their unfortunate encounters with the locals. Most guy's write this stuff down but I've already heard all of the stories and they've been long since committed to memory.

After the meeting, I go outside to check my touring car and make sure the natives haven't stolen the hubcaps during the night. I check underneath and all around, too, 'cause there's a couple of other guys who use the same car and now and then they'll smash into something and forget to tell anyone about it. White-out blends well with the paint so I have to look close.

Since the gas tank seems always to be empty, I'll stop at the pumps to fill up before heading to the Wawa for a free cup of joe, after that I'm off to downtown for a day of watching the scenery.

I like August best for seeing the sights. The city's much less crowded, with most everyone at the shore, and the lady office workers wear their lightest, and most translucent, summer garb to beat the heat.

Early in the morning I usually post myself near the exits from the high-speed line to observe the Jersey tomatoes pour from the subway tunnels on their way to work. If it's a windy day.....and they're the best, I'll be sure to look for them again at lunch time when they come out from their buildings, along with the local ladies, to blithely wander the streets and provide sightseeing opportunities to myself and my fellows, avid afficionados of pulchritude all.

Periodically, during the course of my languid meandering through the city, I hear voices. They're not in my head....at least I don't think they are, but seem to emanate from somewhere in the vicinity of the dashboard of my car. I've learned to do what the voices tell me, lest I lose the opportunity to further enjoy my daily jaunts. The things they have me do are invariably entertaining anyway, so I actually don't mind the distraction, and besides, it helps to break up the day.

Roundabout the middle of the afternoon, I drive back to the meeting place and drop off my car. I make sure to leave an empty tank of gas for the next guy.....fair being fair, and all. I meet again with my cohorts before we all wave bye and then go home to rest up for the next day.

For those who may think that this alternative to mundane and pedestrian tourism sounds like fun (and why wouldn't you?), I can be persuaded occasionally to take guests along on my journeys. Special preference, of course, is given to comely applicants in gauzy flowered sundresses.

[ 06-25-2002: Message edited by: Dinosaur ]

Comment

Originally posted by dkiefner:

KK, how could you leave out the Franklin Institute??? Now I'll have to come up to Philly and take you and Jellybean there. Afterwards, we can meet Gubby and get some scrapple.
                                woohoooo...

i have great memories of the Franklin Institute and school field trips. too bad i havent been back since then...but now i want to.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5315 users online. 310 members and 5005 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X