300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jellybean40:
    as for Jersey sites, i like the *natural wonders* ... i would take someone to the Jersey shore, pine barrens.

JB,

I absolutely LOVE the Jersey shore. I'm going to retire there someday. The Pine Barrens are great too - brings back a lot of memories from growing up (party time down in Batsto!).

I kept the kids busy today. Took them to the Seaport Museum down at Penns Landing, New Hall Military Museum (very small and free of charge), and the National Liberty Museum ($5 for adults, kids are freebies!).

If you've never been to the National Liberty Museum, it's an eye opening experience. When we were going up to the second floor, they had pictures of every firefighther that died in the World Trade Center tragedy on one wall, and the famous pic of the firefighters hoisting the American Flag on another. Going up to the third floor was a wall with all the police officers that died that day. Very touching, but very sad.

JB, did I mention that you also get free JELLYBEANS at the National Liberty Museum. They give them out to remind us that we are all the same inside regardless of the color of our skin (Jelly Belly's too!).

Frank,

Thank you the link. I haven't read everything there yet, but what I have read is very disheartening.

[ 06-23-2002: Message edited by: kateykakes ]

Comment

Like Nite said, all of mcgdogm is a tourist attraction. You couldn't make me live in Orlando on a bet.

Comment

The ditch. . .
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

I've heard a lot about Fell's Point and I really want to see the sites.
          Hee-hee. You mean the bars, right? When you come up, you send me a PM and we'll get together and get completely sloshed in all the bars in Fell's Point (maybe we can even find The Bar).

A lot of Baltimore is slummy. A lot of Baltimore is nice. It's really funky to go one block through boarded up rowhouses, and then suddenly be driving past mansion after mansion ...

Comment

ohhh, is that where all the *clubs* are?

i know years ago alot of guys from this area used to go to B*Mo for their batchelor parties
            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Clubs are all over the place. There are a lot in northern Baltimore to take advantage of Loyola U., Towson U., Goucher College, Notre Dame (for women!), Johns Hopkins U., Morgan State ... aaaaieeeeee.

Screw clubs. I like bars. With beer. Lots of beer. I just wish the DC Metro would extend up to the Baltimore area ... I want for a decent subway!!!

Comment

The Boardwalk, the beach, the redwoods, Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur, the Coast Road up to Half Moon Bay, on and on...
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

GEeesh all we got out here is the corn cam, soybean cam, and dairy cam. LOL I can take you out to see some real fields and tip some real cows but tourists in Iowa common give me a break we all are too laid back to go fetch something for some tourist LOL

Klar
                  Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

How does one tip a cow? I hear that all the time, never known what was meant.

Serious.

Jim Burnes

Comment

They sleep standing up. I think the legs kinda lock in place when they're sleeping. Slowly sneak up on one and push 'em over!
                      " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

thats so mean...

we had a cow-cam right in my town. it was SO boring...good to fall asleep by. they went out of business tho.
                        "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

thats so mean...
                          I didn't say that I did it!! It might have been those truck drivers!
                          " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

we had a cow-cam right in my town.
                            Now THERE'S a tourist attraction!!

Comment

well that sux I had a nice reply about how to tip a cow and hit the add button and the entire thing disappeared that sux LOL

Klar
                              Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Oh, oh... Klar's angry! Hide your pets & livestock!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2951 users online. 135 members and 2816 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X