300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple ordered to help FBI

Apple has refused to help the FBI unlock the IPhone that the San Bernardino terrorist had during the December attack..Federal judge has ordered Apple to assist the Feds.

I have lost all respect for the company and will never buy one of their products..

http://abc7.com/news/apple-ordered-t...phone/1203482/
    Retired LASD

Yeah. Interesting to see what happens. All that bs about how Apple helps out everyone...

Comment

The phone was actually owned by the County, It was the terrorist work phone..
      Retired LASD

Comment

Yeah, just saw that too. Amazing.

Comment

NSA can unlock it in less than an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
            NSA can unlock it in less than an hour.
            That's why part of me wonders if it's a red herring. To try to pretend Apple didn't cooperate.

Comment

When I worked at AOL years ago, they would handle things that way. Publicly say one thing and privately do another.

Comment

Emma,, did you ever buy stock in AOL... I held it thru 7 splits...
                Retired LASD

Comment

Yeah -- we (nerds) can find out what was in the memory (e.g. via scanning tunneling electron field ion microscopy) some writes ago -- what's in there now pretty much yells itself at us ...

Comment

Apple is trying to maintain the image that their devices are completely secure in an effort to maintain consumer trust. Very few people have any idea how much information can be ascertained from the devices that they're tethered to. If it were widely known, catching terrorists would become much more difficult in the future. Apple's refusal is an engineered scenario, possibly at the request of some three letter agency.

There is far more than meets the eye going on here.

Comment

Yep. Plus is shields Apple from any possible lawsuit later. They were following a court order.

I dumped a suspect's cell phone at a Regional Computer Forensics Laboratory. We had the password, so no need for this BS, but the who/what/when/where stored in a cell phone is amazing.
                      Last edited by tanksoldier; 02-16-2016, 10:47 PM.
                      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I was under the impression that Apple is anti-LE.......
                        REINSTATE THE TRIG
                        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                        Your logic defies logic
                        Originally posted by Rudy8116
                        Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                        Originally posted by Michigan
                        Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                        Originally posted by TheTick
                        A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                        This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                        Originally posted by 02paul09
                        Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Resorting to leptons is kinda frowned upon in the hadron acceleration community but it's accepted for some (uncertain but rather reliable anyway) measurement purposes ... 'specially for catchin' bad guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
                            I was under the impression that Apple is anti-LE.......
                            Look at their customer base. What plays well? It's ALL advertising. The company does what sells. If it costs sales they don't do it.

They aren't pro- or anti- anything except pro-bottom line.
                            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                              Look at their customer base. What plays well? It's ALL advertising. The company does what sells. If it costs sales they don't do it.

They aren't pro- or anti- anything except pro-bottom line.
                              True.....however, I live very close their HQ, and a few officers I have spoken with have had very negative interactions with members of their staff there in Cupertino.

I doubt it is a policy thing, but I highly suspect that there is a pervasive anti-LE atmosphere in the headquarters.
                              REINSTATE THE TRIG
                              Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                              Your logic defies logic
                              Originally posted by Rudy8116
                              Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                              Originally posted by Michigan
                              Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                              A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                              This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                              Originally posted by 02paul09
                              Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4427 users online. 280 members and 4147 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X