Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long have you been at your current job ?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long have you been at your current job ?

how long have you been at your current job ?

Years of 3 yrs. 11 mos.
    Service:

Well when I started at my company it was Bell Atlantic and then it switched to Verizon in 2001 I think.

So how long have you been at your current job ?
    Last edited by GMACK24; 12-14-2003, 10:34 AM.
    Greg's Myspace
    My Photos on Flick'r

I've been on the job for not quite thirty two years, I am however with my third department, been here about fortythree months.
    never forget: www.odmp.org

"In peace time our best still don battledress and lay their lives on the line"

Comment

I've been on the job 29 years. I've been with three different Departments.

Comment

4 years and some odd months w/same agency. Probably only hang with this one for another year or two and switch over to another one (better pay for the same "S" and a nicer vehicle).
        [email protected]
        ---------------------------

It's better to die happy..........than just die

May Tyr watch over and guide my hand each day.........to do the right thing

Comment

ASO.. what agency?
          In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Will be 6 years in May 2004. I also get 3 full weeks of vacation at that time! Woo Hoo!
            MrJim911

Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. But maybe time is also a companion who goes with us on our journey, and reminds us to cherish the moments of our lives because they will never come again

Comment

Eight years total ; 3 departments....

Hey, don't look at me that way....

1st dept: 2 years, was po-dunk place. Needed the job due to the hiring freeze everywhere at the time.

2nd dept: 2 years, that was my fault for not checking it out better. Almost everyone was lazy and wanted to be left alone. I was too proactive, not ready to read and sleep the shift away.

3rd Dept: 4 years and going.
              Brutality is when we hit back.
              -Unknown Officer

Comment

18 years with my agency. I get those 3 weeks of vacation + that was mentioned earlier ! 6 years as Military Police prior to that. Hoping the retirement requirements change soon.
                "A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood." Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

13 years active duty military (USAF version of military police)
                  2 years with first dept
                  2 years reserve military call up
                  6 months with my current department (and this should be my last...great pay and I'm too old to switch again)
                  "A man's got to know his limitations" --Inspector Harry Callahan in Magnum Force

Comment

Twenty five years with this Department(my anniversary is today that I eas sworn in) a 5 weeks vacation. I had four years with my previos Department prior to the city lay offs in 1975. Total service = 29 years all of my service counts because it was in the same city. That really went quickly!

Comment

12 years. 5 before that as a dispatcher and then 6 months before that as a police explorer.

Mike
                      "Don't bother to run, you will only go to jail tired!"

Comment

January 10 will be 10 years for me at the same department. Who would have thought that was possible? Not me!

Still loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblecop
                          Twenty five years with this Department(my anniversary is today that I eas sworn in) a 5 weeks vacation. I had four years with my previos Department prior to the city lay offs in 1975. Total service = 29 years all of my service counts because it was in the same city. That really went quickly!
                          So there are people that stay on the job in nyc over 20 years. I've heard legends and fables, never actually met one
                          If you flame me, the terrorists have won.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3598 users online. 227 members and 3371 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X