300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkeley blacks insulted by thugs "sterotype"

only white people should have mug shots i guess!!

Those Wacky Berkeley Kids

The kids at the University of California in Berkeley are at it again, this time directing their ire at the student paper there, the Daily Californian, for a couple of misdeeds.

First, the Californian reports, a group of black students crammed its offices complaining that it had the nerve to publish a picture of a black football player accused of fracturing a student’s skull with a bottle. The students said that by running the picture, the paper was perpetuating a negative, stereotypical image of American Americans. ( )

"Very easily something as simple as a picture gets translated in public mind as a mug shot because of the historic criminalization of African-American males," said UC Berkeley alumnus David Philoxene, a reader for an African American studies class.

The students want a front-page apology and a mugshot of the reporter on the front page as penance. They did not say whether the alleged crime itself might contribute to the perpetuation of negative, stereotypical images of African Americans.

Another group of students was irked by an editorial cartoon of North Korean leader Kim Jong Il. They complained that the image was a "racist, anti-Asian caricature ... drawn with slanted, virtually non-existent eyes, jutting teeth, and an upturned, pig-like nose—a mimicry of the bigoted xenophobic anti-Japanese cartoons of World War II."

In an editors note about the issues, editor-in-chief Rong-Gong Lin, II made no apologies for either of two transgressions.

--------------------------------------------------

for more PC stupidity go here:
    http://www.tonguetied.us/
    I'll post, You argue.

"California: A State of mind"

Comment

Everytime any of those Berkely pinheads open their traps, it just alienates them that much more from the real world. What GIGANTIC ivory tower those dipsticks live in!
      No cops, know anarchy.

"He aint finna come all up in my house and act a fool and be gettin away with it cause I will go smooth off." -Movista

Comment

Oh, you have to treat it as what it is, a constant source of humour!

On the flip side, the majority of the student body there is full of intelligent students out to get a good education...
        Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
        -Mark Twain

Comment

Mel Gibson loves to stereotype the English, (Braveheart, Patriot) but you dont here us bleeding on about it.
          God Save the Queen!!

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Leigh Harrington:
            Mel Gibson loves to stereotype the English, (Braveheart, Patriot) but you dont here us bleeding on about it.
            God Save the Queen!!

F**k the Queen!! Oh, sorry, reflex action from spending too much time a local Irish pub

On a positive note, my wife got so sick of those clowns at Berkeley that she was less liberal when she graduated than when she started there.
            On the wings of a dove
            Let's roll for justice
            Let's roll for truth
            Let's not let our children grow up
            Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

On a positive note, my wife got so sick of those clowns at Berkeley that she was less liberal when she graduated than when she started there.

Haha, yeah, people are generally surprised to hear that my Brother who got his masters there is a card carrying republican...
              Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
              -Mark Twain

Comment

Actually jarhead the majority of people in Northern Ireland love the Queen. I hope that your local Irish pub wasnt one of those which supported terrorism over here by collecting for the IRA.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Leigh Harrington:
                  I hope that your local Irish pub wasnt one of those which supported terrorism over here by collecting for the IRA.

Not that I know of and I hope not. I think it's mostly people who just like to drink and sing. Some of the music is old IRA stuff but I don't think that anyone there would actually support the IRA. I think people just like the "Bloody Irish Music" and Guinness, I don't think most (if any) of them even know what any of the songs mean.
                  On the wings of a dove
                  Let's roll for justice
                  Let's roll for truth
                  Let's not let our children grow up
                  Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

I hope so too, we have had thirty years of terrorism here sadly a lot of it funded from your side of the pond and much of that used to kill other Irishmen. Lets hope it has come to an end.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6267 users online. 345 members and 5922 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X